Thursday, October 18, 2012

My 1st Photowalk: Worldwide Photowalk with CCA

Assembling the crowd, CCA's president Tots De Guzman,calls everyones' attention.
Photo Walk, is a social event/gathering of photographers and or individuals that are into photography that would walk around to take some pictures.  These walks aims to improve, sharpen and practice the participants' skills.




Enan Catalan walking through the Streets of Antipolo

Oct 13, 2012 -  I was fortunate enough to join 
a photo walk.  Not just any photo walk but a World Wide Photowalk.  A global event put up by: http://worldwidephotowalk.com.  

Camera Club of Antipolo took part in this global event, representing Antipolo. 

I couldn't remember when I joined Camera Club of Antipolo, but I can still remember that I was looking for a group to learn from about the art of photography.  I was directed by a friend of mine in college that there is group of shutter bugs like me based in Antipolo, and thats when I found out about them in Facebook. 

 I've been aching to join in their activities but due to  conflict of schedule(work schedule), I haven't been able to join their activities. 




Enter the Scott Kelby, World Wide Photo Walk.  My work schedule wasn't cooperating but I committed that I'll be joining in on the activity. Days before the photo walk, my wife has been discouraging me to join the activity since I still have work in the evening.  I considered her inputs, but went anyways.  


One of the participants of the photo walk shooting at the corner of Mercury Drug Store(palengke branch).

I met alot of individuals that are into photography just like me who resides in Antipolo or in near by municipalities.  Our meeting point is in Ynares Sports Complex and then we walked to Antipolo Wet and Dry Market(in Tagalog: Palengke), then to Antipolo Cathedral.  From the market, we went to Antipolo Cathedral.  

It was a hot and humid day, to go out and shoot.  I was surprised that there were a lot of people who joined in.  I was quite intimidated at first since most of the people that were already waiting in Ynares Center, were fully equipped to the teeth.  I introduced myself to them, and they greeted me.  I was welcomed warmly as we waited for other participants.

I've been lurking(ashamed to admit it) the CCA Facebook page, and was already aware of talented individuals, and people who are really good or better.  As we waited for other registered individuals to arrive I was keeping my eye out for those people who I know are really good-I won't be dropping names for now.  



All in all I had fun with the photo walk.  I don't normally go out and shoot street photography, since I might get targeted by muggers.  But with people joining in on the walk, I'm not as hesitant nor afraid as I was.  Who would've thought that there would be a lot of individuals that are into photography just like me.

CCA doesn't require everyone to have their own DSLR, but the willingness to learn, participate, and the passion for photography.  I look forward to hanging out and learning more from the group.

Thanks CCA for allowing me to join the group and participate in the photo walk.  Hopefully I'll be free next time they have an activity.

For additional information about CCA, check out their FB page here.

Here are some of my photos from the Photo Walk. It's just unfortunate that I can only submit one entry to compete.

Stare down 

Defense

Order

Waiting

Another day at work

Php 75 per 1/2 Kg

Meat hooks

I am hungry...

The usual shot...

The Cathedral

Wishes and prayers...

Always in my thoughts











No comments:

Post a Comment