Sunday, December 2, 2012

Isay's 20th Birthday/Post Process Fun



I've recently discovered the joy of post processing photos.Sometimes other people hold on to our cameras and take photos. So when we get the camera back there are so many photos to choose from :p 

Paul has been trying to teach me how to take photos with his good old Canon 500D, but I haven't really caught on to the lessons, especially when it comes to the settings. (My mind goes blank when numbers are involved.) What with the F stop, shutter speed, ISO and so much more. 

It's always been a struggle for me to follow and navigate through the settings. That's why I've always had a more behind-the-scenes contribution when it comes to Paul's shoots. There are times when I am a secondary photographer to Paul and I just lucky and get good shots during those times. 

At least with my new found joy of post processing I have another contribution to the photos that we enjoy sharing with you guys. So here are some of the photos I've post-processed recently. 

My sister had her birthday last October 30, (yeah these photos are already late in the post-process and uploading). So the friends of my sister just went trigger happy with our camera and here are some of the photos that I also post-processed. 





Paul uses Adobe Lightroom when he edits his photos. So I've also been learning how to use it also. Another application we use is Pixlr.com which is basically a site which allows you to put your photos in a collage and to also add borders/text and other images. 





The popularity of applications like Instagram has people loving post-processing of photos more. 

Post-processing is also great because you might have a photo you can't really use (because it might be blurred or what)  but with post-processing you can get to use photos otherwise you wouldn't use. 

Post-processing of photos can be so fun since you are able to add a new twist to otherwise ordinary photos. Using a collage for your photos is also a great way to tell to tell a story. 



Of course there is also a line with post process and over doing it with the edit. For me, as long as the editing is subtle and does not over weigh the photo then it should come out great! :) 


Post processing is still something new for me but definitely something that I'm enjoying right now :) 



Not a post-processed photo. Just wanted to share this photo of me walking over to Greenhills. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment