Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book FInd! P99 for Hard bound Irving and Grisham books!


Every girl loves a sale, whether it is for dresses, shoes or make up. Like every other girl I love sales as well but there is another kind of sale that I love and that is a Book Sale! ^_^ 

Books can be very expensive so finding a great book in a book sale can be a real treat as well. 

I was recently at Robinson's Pioneer for my Mom's birthday lunch and I saw that National Bookstore was having a book sale. There were hard bound books for P99.00 only! (Woot! Woot! Jackpot!) 

So I quickly scanned through the books and found titles from some of my favorite authors- John Grisham and John Irving. 

I just loved John Grisham's 'A Time to Kill' I read it a long time ago, when I was in College (more or less 9 years ago) and it was just so amazing! It was deep, insightful and I remember the suspense level was way off the charts. 

Of course John Irving's The Cider House Rules' is another classic I really enjoyed reading, despite its telanovelaesque conflicts. 


It was a pretty easy decision to pick up the two books. :) P99.00 and they are hard bound! They would definitely be a good addition to our growing collection of books. 


I really do believe in the power of reading, how it ignites your imagination and that is why I think it's good to invest in it with books. 

I don't have a kindle or an iPad so I've pretty much stuck with good old books and just looking at them filling up our shelves just brings a smile to my face. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment