Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cosplay Shoot: Shakugan no Shana


This is another super late blog post. Last October we had a Halloween Party in the office and of course with Halloween parties, comes costumes and the time to wear scary masks and the like. I decided on doing a cosplay, after all why put up all the effort just to look scary right? 

I decided to us 'Shana' from 'Shakugan no Shana' since we have the same body built. Research has led me to this great Cosplay shop on Facebook. Mame's Cosplay shop. You can rent/buy your cosplay needs from them. Any of my friends can tell you I'm not one for arts and crafts and sewing, so making my own costume would be far from reality. 

Good thing that there are cosplay shops that can help you with your cosplay needs :) I also ordered by contact lenses through Facebook. 

I just borrowed the wig and sword from my friend Kaye. I bought the stockings and borrowed the shoes from my sister. :) So I really didn't spend that much. ^_^ 


After work Paul and I had a little photoshoot while I was still in costume. Since I just rented the costume I had to return it after 3 days, so we made use of the chance that I was already wearing it. 





I had such a hard time wearing the contact lenses. My office mates literally had to pin me on my chair while they poked their fingers in my eyes trying to put the contact lenses in. My eyes felt so abused during that day :( 



We had a little photoshoot in the parking lot in Eastwood Citywalk. Paul had a one light set up and he was using his flash (trigger) and here are the shots that we had. :) 

It was a fun and interesting experience albeit a tiring and painful one. I don't really know how long I can go on Cosplaying - me being a married woman and all. I'm just glad that my husband allows me to do so :p but I still hope to do some cosplays in the future-especially while we don't have a baby yet. ^_^ 


No comments:

Post a Comment