Monday, January 28, 2013

100th blog post: My Rurouni Kenshin Poster and a nod from Isaac Marion


I think that is only apt that our 100th blog post will be about some of the things (both tangible and not) that we have gotten out of our blog. (Sort of like what we've reaped so far) My husband, Paul and I started this blog last year and within that time we've had 7,754 views. 

When we started out this blog we started it so that Paul has a medium to share his photos and I can write about things that I really want to write about. For me, it's really important to keep on writing or else you will just become dull and rusty over time and of course Paul also feels the same about photography-hence the blog. 

So in this 100th post we also wanted to thank you-our readers, followers or visitors. Even if you just visited our blog for one post out of curiosity or because you have a photo in there. Thank you for taking time for clicking that mouse and scrolling down the page. Hopefully you liked what you see and you liked what you read. Whether it is a photo blog, a product review, an event coverage or a book spotlight-thank you for being part of that 7,754- hoping that you visit us more in the future. 

You guys can definitely count on us to keep on taking photos, writing and blogging and you guys are more than welcome to join us along the ride. 



My Rurouni Kenshin poster 


When I blogged about the Rurouni Kenshin movie, I was blogging about something that I really felt strongly about. I felt really happy that after all the challenges and people thought it would not be possible- but still Rurouni Kenshin the movie was screened in Philippine cinemas and not only that but it's success has made it known to be the highest grossing Japanese film to be released in the Philippines. You can read about that achievement here

When I shared my blog post to the local movie distributor Movie Punch, I just wanted to share my thoughts and to share it with other fellow Rurouni Kenshin fans. I never imagined that Movie Punch would respond by giving me a free movie poster and ticket. ^_^ 

I was really beyond myself with happiness, this was actually the very first tangible thing that I got from blogging. 

Here is a screenshot of the good news. 



I'm really excited with the Rurouni Kenshin poster. I plan to have it framed and hopefully in the future Paul and I can have that media/studio where we can put all our geekiness up in display. :p 

A nod from Isaac Marion 

I was recently in #starstruck #fangirl mode when Warm Bodies author Isaac Marion replied to my tweet and said that my review of his book was wonderful and thanked me for it ^_^ 



I couldn't believe it when Isaac Marion actually replied to me. Even if it was just 4 words-it really means a lot to me. I was warm and fuzzy all over. 

So again thank you again for everyone! ^_^  Can't believe this is already our 100th blog post. Paul and I have definitely grown in our own mediums and hopefully we get better as we take more photos and share our thoughts. 

Looking forward to another hundred blog posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment