Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Discovery: SoundCloud




I have recently discovered SoundCloud. Although this is not a new platform since it was developed in 2007. I came upon it by chance when I listened to a track by one of my favorite Japanese singers (Namie Amuro) which was posted on her facebook page. I was able to listen to the track by simply clicking on a SoundCloud link which was shared on Facebook and after that everything was just an avalanche. 


I immediately created a SoundCloud account and went about trying to learn the ropes of the social networking device. 

Although the purpose of the platform was for musicians to be able to share their music to fans and other musicians easily. It was also an avenue for music lovers such as myself to enjoy music :) 


A screenshot of my SoundCloud account.

Although I am still getting familiar with SoundCloud it was easy for me to create a playlist or a set in which I was able to easily search for music by my favorite artists and include it in the sets (playlist). Once the sets are created you can simply play them and since I spend most of my day in front of the computer either because of work or if I am at home working on freelance writing work or working on the blog, I can easily just log in my SoundCloud account and play my playlists (sets). 

This is definitely very convenient for me since most of the music I like to listen to (Japanese) are not that easy to find meaning I can't walk into a music store and purchase the latest album by Ayumi Hamasaki in my native country, the Philippines. 

I can also easily share my playlists to my friends either via Facebook or Twitter ( I prefer the latter). 

With a SoundCloud account I don't have to worry about downloading music and it eating up space in my iTunes. (I currently have 1,500 + songs in my iTunes.) 

I will be trying out the SoundCloud app and I will let you guys know how that works out. 

If you have a SoundCloud account make sure to follow me ^_^ Just click on the link for my account. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment