Thursday, January 31, 2013

Series Spotlight: 'How I Met Your Mother' Renewed for Final Season


It's official! After much speculation, CBS has confirmed that 'How I Met Your Mother' will be renewed for its ninth and final season next year and Yes! Next year we will finally meet the Mother! 

Although it's taken more than 8 years to answer the question (I pity Ted's kids). It's been a wonderful 8 years! I've loved this series so much! 

If I wanted a good laugh with surprising awww moments then How I Met Your Mother has not failed to deliver. 



You can read official statements from the big bosses below: 


“We‘re thrilled to have the entire and incredibly talented How I Met Your Mother cast back for one final season to bring the series to a proper close,” said Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen of 20th Century Fox Television, in a statement. “Carter Bays and Craig Thomas are masterful and hilarious storytellers, and we have no doubt that they will guide one of the greatest comedies of the last decade to a gratifying conclusion when they finally reveal the identity of the Mother.”

Added CBS entertainment prez Nina Tassler: “Through eight years, How I Met Your Mother has mastered the art of leading-edge comedy, emotional water-cooler moments and pop culture catchphrases. We are excited… to tell the final chapter and reveal television’s most mysterious mother to some of TV’s most passionate fans.”

I think it's a good thing when a series that you've loved and followed for almost a decade get's the proper ending it deserves. You can only stretch a story so much and of course there is always that fear of it 'jumping the shark'. I'll definitely miss the gang when it's all over. (snif, snif)   

No word yet as to how many episodes will be ordered but I think it is safe to hope for a full 22 episode season. 

I'm sure How I Met Your Mother won't disappoint and the ending is just going to be legen-wait-for-it---dary! 





No comments:

Post a Comment