Sunday, March 10, 2013

Celebrating 3 Years of ParaThrilla in Manila

In the crowd. ParaThrillaInManila - March 9, 2010
Photo by Lester Loosseer @LesterLoosseer 
Three years later. ParaThrillainManila Part 2 - February 15, 2013
Panoramic shot by the husband, @PCheng311 (using an iPhone 4S-no less!) 

When I heard that there was going to be a twitter party to celebrate the third year anniversary of Paramore's first concert in the Philippines (to be known here after as 'ParaThrillaInManila') I really wanted to make a blog post about it but I was so busy with work that I'm only doing it (the blog post) after the fact. 


So here goes! I hope you guys like it! ^_^ 

I think that it is good whenever people reminisce, it gives you a better perspective of things. You get to think about and relive the past memories, you get to think about where you are in the present and you get to hope for the future. 

I guess that is why people celebrate birthdays, anniversaries or whatever commemorative event anyone can think of. It gives them a moment or maybe an excuse just to  be grateful for something that happened or for someone that they have in their life. 

I never thought I would get to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of Paramore's first concert in Manila through twitter, interacting with people I don't know and I've never met in person but in some ways we belong to a family, we belong to the Parafamily because we share the same passion for music and a love for our all time favorite band Paramore! 



And let the reminiscing begin! 

Here is my blog post about Paramore's first concert just click on the link. Apologies for the ugly font and layout of the page. I just copy + pasted this from an entry in my 'notes' in Facebook (do people still do that?) and apparently there is an ugly white on the font thing when you copy + paste. 

The idea of celebrating 3YearsOfParaThrillaInManila is sharing your stories, photos, experiences, etc. about that special day on Twitter. Whether we trended (anywhere) or not, we still somehow made a mark, a stand that this moment was important for us, no matter how superficial it is for some people- for us that night held some memories and we are all proud to say that we were a part of it. 


Here are some photos/stories and a little Before and 3 Years later photos. ^_^ It's amazing the things you can accomplish with only Twitter as your source. ;) 
Mementos. Photo from @annetrax
She tweeted: 'way back 2010' 3YearsOfParaThrillainInManila #Idpass
RT by @TheParamorePH 'This :) <3 
Hayley with her legendary PARA-THRILLA IN MANILA shirt.
Who knew it would make history?
Bragging Rights. SUPER LUCKY fans got to meet them during ParaThrillainManila.
Shared by: @camzfrominertia She tweeted: 3yearsofparathrillainmanila! Such a memorable and one of the greatest days I had. 

Proud Owner - Martin Nicor -@Mewithoutyou93 sharing a photo of his ticket.
He tweeted: Parathrilla in Manila! Here's my VIP ticket. Fanboy lang ang datingan, haha!
(I'm just a Fanboy)
Cheat Sheet: Shared by @ParamoreLand
3 YearsOfParaThrillaInManila Remember @yelyahwilliams "Kahmusta kayo" written on her arms? @TheParamorePH 
I didn't know that Hayley Williams had 'Kahmusta Kayo?' (How are you doing?) written on her arm as her 'cheat sheet' during the concert. (Awww! Dang! If isn't that the cutest thing???!) 


Friends in music and mosh. Shared by @camzfrominertia
She tweeted: 3YearsOfParaThrillaInManila @yojoanna @netly013 -It's been 3 years. 3 years of Friendship! thanks to @paramore 


Of course there are also stories of friendships formed and friendships that have lasted and you do have a certain bond with people you've shared a mosh pit (the sweat, the smell, the near deafening screams- you know what I mean). Check out the photo above from @camzfromintertia 

Concert Buddy. (Left) me and Paul grabbing a bite to eat before the March 9, 2010 concert- we've been dating for 4 years then. (Right) 3 years later, On our way to the February 15, 2013 concert, Paul and I have already been married for a year.  
Of course this blog post will not be complete without my very own story - I think one of the things that really had me thinking was that during ParaThrillaInManila Paul and I were just boyfriend and girlfriend then but 3 years later during ParaThrillaInManila Part 2 we've already been married for a year. 

It's no secret that our 6 year age difference  has us at the same side of the music spectrum but with different generations, although we both like Alternative music, Paul was already 8 when Hayley was born-so you get the picture; he likes Jimmy Eat World and I like Paramore- (So see? different generations). So I really appreciate it when he goes with me to Paramore concerts even if it means having to endure jokes from his office mates. Of course I have to return the favor when his favorite band (311) comes to town. Our typical concert scenario is him standing and me going fan-girl crazy. i guess for me- reminiscing about any Paramore concert will always have my husband in my thoughts. I appreciate him and love him for spoiling me rotten <3 and I'm glad I get to share Paramore memories with him. Maybe when ParaThrillaInManila Part 3 comes along we already need to have a baby sitter for our baby? ;) 

Their own memories. The band with the crowd as their background.
Biggest number of photo bombers maybe? 

I'd like to wrap up this blog post by sharing the band's own memories of that legendary night. I'm sure even if they'd played a gazillion shows already, each show will be memorable for them, so if the concert was memorable for us- I'm sure it was memorable for them as well. 

I really loved celebrating 3 years of ParaThrilla in Manila and even if it was a 'virtual celebration' via Twitter it was still special because I got to celebrate it with the people who share the same passion about Paramore as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment