Friday, May 3, 2013

Project 365: Week 9

Project 365 continues and it becomes challenging and more tedious.  I already mentioned in an earlier post that the photos just keep coming but the blog post keeps getting back logged.  I'm writing this post April 23, 2013 but this post covers March 21-27, that makes a month's worth of back logged blog posts but here I am still continuing - I really don't want this to be a 'ngingas kogon' thing. So here goes! 


March 21, 2013 - Tiny visitor by the sink
Photo above is a macro photo of an unexpected visitor.Trying to remember this one, I think I came home from work and saw the little frog by the sink.  So I pulled up the camera, shot some with a 50 mm, and I did't get what I wanted so I mounted 70-300 mm, and went macro on the little frog to make it appear bigger.

March 22, 2013 - Ica's stash
The other day, my wife went out to meet up with one of her high school friends.  She got a stash of beauty products that weren't used.

What I did here was put all of the stuff inside the light box, to get them all to receive an even light from the flash that I positioned top right.  Shot this on an angle looking down on the beauty stuff, so that I could fit them all in the frame.  Same camera was used with a 18-55mm at 18mm, I believe.   

I'm not as pleased with the results here as you can see there's strong light that spilled into the box and made things uneven.  I just can't remember why I picked this one out of the shots I did on the said date.  It may not be the best but it seemed like that there's something about it that made me choose it, I just can't remember.  Hope that's making sense to you guys.

March 23, 2013 - In times of joy
On the 23rd of March we were invited to attend a kiddie birthday party.  One of my wife's former managers in Transcom celebrated her child's birthday and we were there to enjoy the joyous event.  

I loved shooting kids, as they tend to ignore the camera when they're having so much fun, which is not the same for adults since they tend to be conscious when you are taking their photos.  This photo was one of the guests in the party and you can see that she's having a blast watching the games.

I tried different combination of camera and lens and flash, but I think that a shot of this kid with a 50mm was one of my best shots of the said date.  Post processed it a little in Lightroom 4, to enhance her iris and bring out the colors a little.







March 24, 2013 - In relieving stress



I had work on 24th of March and right after, we had a few drinks.  I think the reason behind it was because of the overwhelming work that we took care of that day.  So one of my office mates, asked if we could go for a couple of beers before we headed home.  Do take note, that we do not do this regularly as this is a rare occurrence.

So everything fell into place and we had beers before we head home.  Don't worry we didn't do anything that we'd regret.  We were just talking, drinking and laughing nothing more.  I didn't bring my camera, so my iPhone was what I used here and post processed it with Snapseed.



March 25, 2013 - Dummy
In the afternoon of March 25, my office mate, Adrian(which you'll be seeing in most of the photos in this project), went out to get some coffee.  It wasn't as hot as it is now but we were looking for a warm, strong coffee experience.  We went to Lasapin, a place where there were lots of food stalls setup in Strata 1000 building in Ortigas Center, so we went up on the 2nd floor and found this coffee stall, and ordered 2 cups of coffee.  

The coffee wasn't as strong as we expected, but the stall had a posing dummy, that caught our attention.  So we played with it a little and I couldn't resist not taking a snap of it.  Since I wanted one of these back then when I was still studying in Manila.  

I liked how the light fell on the dummy giving it a contrasty look.  Another thing that caught my eye is that you'll notice the wood's grain immediately.  

I'm just a dummy when it comes to this posing dummies.
 
March 26 2013 - Path
This is the path home, as this marks the entrance of the subdivision.  Shot with an iPhone, as the minutes of March 26, 2013 were about to end, I almost forgot to snap for the day.  So I was lucky that I got this down.  Post processed with Snapseed.
March 27 - On the phone
Coming back to Lasapin on the 26th of March to have some dinner. I was trying to get a shot of Adrian most of the time while we were waiting for our food, Adrian had to take in a call, and this was the result of it.  Nothing special about this short, iPhone and Snapseed was used on this one as well.


March 28, 2013 - Street sweeping kid

It was the day before Good Friday so people were participating in a walk from different places to Antipolo Cathedral.  I went out to have a personal photo wallk.  I'm not sure if I'm going to make another blog post about it, but we'll see.  As I was walking around I saw a kid sweeping a very dusty street.  I had to shoot it in a long exposure, to get this one exposed correctly for a silhouette of the kid.  A passing car gave us the light that we needed.  

As of today, (5/2/2013) I've got a long way of catching up to with blog post since me and my wife have been busy with events.  My photo for March 28, was day 64 and right now, I've shot day 98, so it's going to take a while for me to get those blog posts up but here's to hoping I catch up! :) 

Although I find it heartbreaking at times to think about it - it really important to invest in photography equipment to help you with you photos. You can check out the bottom of the blog post for photography equipment ideas or you can go to http://www.thelashop.com for more photography equipment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment