Thursday, June 13, 2013

Project 365: Week 10

As the month of March comes to an end, I'm still searching for something to work on so that I can somehow deviate from what I shot earlier.

I'm writing this, May 20, 2013 so you can say that I have lots of drafts to work on since I'm on day 117, and what we have here on this post are day 65 -  71 so I have a lot to work on.  I'll try my best to remember my mind set when I shot these 7 images. 

March 29, 2013 - The skateboard
I'm not sure, if I mentioned that I used to skate(ride the skateboard).  I was very fortunate to spend some time with my friend that I skated with back then(around 2000- 2005).  I like this shot since it shows how the board, trucks and wheels were beaten and aged.  Had fun riding with the guys again and shot some photos as well.  Shot with, Canon 500d, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6. Post process was done in Lightroom 3.2,  set the clarity of the board a little higher to show the roughness of the wood.

March 30, 2013 - Fast food comfort
I had fries this day, and was thinking of yellow stuff with textures.  Nothing happened this day, so you can say that it's pretty much uneventful.

Shot with an iPhone 4S, post processed in Snapseed.  

This was shot in McDonalds, Strata 1000, Emerald Avenue.  I guess the fried potatoes was the highlight of the day, since I often bring food from home, and rarely eat out(fastfood or cheap eateries).  






March 31, 2013 - By the rail
During the day shift, I still have the privilege of eating my last meal of the day during diner time.  I believe I was walking back to the office from the Lasapin food place, since Adrian(office mate) buys his food there.  

When we were walking to the food place, I thought in advance that I'd be shooting it.  The way the rail leads your eyes beyond may be the reason why I thought of shooting it. 


I had a hard time trying to remember what I used here.  Checking out my FB profile, this was shot with my iPhone 4S, the image was imported to the computer, was post processed in Ligthroom as it is my preferred software.   






Right around December 2011, I was quite fond of a camera app in my iPhone 3GS.  Leme Leme or Leme Camera was the name of the app and it has nice cool lomographics filters.  I was yet again running out of ideas and thought of revisiting the old camera app and installed it on my other iPhone. So, as I was shooting around with the app, I went back to shoot a double exposure to change things up in my project 365. 

April 1, 2013 - Double exposure
As thoughts of double exposure cling in my head, I was lucky enough to shoot the photograph below as the sun was setting in Ortigas Center, a reflection of the buildings near the office.  This was shot with my iPhone 4S and post processed in Snapseed.  I rarely spot a decent sight like this at work.  Most of the time I encounter dull and boring stuff.  Things were finally turning around when it comes to luck and chances to shoot.

April 2, 2013 - Sunset and reflections

 
April 3, 2013 - Last day
As the days of the week trickled away, we were moved to another floor of the building for some weird reason.  As it was my last shift before we moved to the 17th floor, I felt a little down since we'll be saying good bye to the 30th floor.  Again, this was shot with the iPhone 4S, and editted it in Snapseed.  I took away all the colors and made it all rough and gloomy.  Luckily no one was around in the production floor so I was able to catch this one.  Next week I'll be returning to work in a different place. 


As it was my rest day I was able to drive my wife to work and, pass time to shoot around Eastwood City, Quezon City.  All was fine and dandy until the security guard told me that I can't shoot/take photos.

I guess I was just too obvious since I had my camera mounted on a tripod.  I targeted to shoot HDR photos, and long exposures.  So, you can say that stayed too long in some spots since it took a while to get a proper exposure in the night.  Below is just one of many shot that I did.


April 4, 2013 - HDR practice all night
I shot this one with my Canon 500d, with the kit lens.  Compiled all the photos in Photoshop, and did finishing post process in Lightroom.  

So, week 10 is now complete and I still have a long way to go.  It's been a busy busy ride so far since I have a lot of pending blog posts to work on and in coming events to attend to.  I just hope that I can live up to complete my project 365 and still go on with whatever that I'm doing with my life.  It may seems a lot but I think I'll survive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment