Monday, June 24, 2013

Project 365: Week 11

As the year went on, the shoots just kept coming but the words and writing the blog post, still took along while.  I usually write when I'm not doing anything, whether it is photo projects, post processing photos, and or shooting events.
April 5, 2013 - Playing with smoke 
This day, I was able to hang out in Mediahub, and the team.  This is my friends' office.  I tend to goof off with my friends, and their employees.  Right around this time, my wife bought me e-cigarette to help me stop smoking.  The people in Mediahub had a blast with my solution to stopping cigarette smoking.  We had so much fun that we shot a smoke photo portrait.  Using a Canon 500d, with a wireless trigger mounted, and the receiver connected to a Canon 580 EXII as primary flash, and wirelessly triggering a Canon 430 EXII.  the one behind the smoke is the master flash and the fill flash is coming from the left side.  This was my favorite shot during that night since most of the photos were weirdly lighted.


We went to cover Paramore Night 4 last April 6, 2013. FYI, my wife is a big fan of Paramore.  I was taken a back because the crowd were so lively.  Here's a link to more photos and blog post about that fated night just click here


April 6, 2013 - Hands in the air
Its pretty obvious that I favor the crowd when it comes to gigs like these, and hopefully we'll be there to cover more.  The photo below is also shot during the same event but shot past midnight so that makes it to my shot for April 7, 2013.

April 7, 2013 - for the crowd



The following day, still hung over from Paramore Night, we were invited to attend a movie premiere of Naruto Movie: Road to Ninja.  Blog post here.  

We were graced by veteran and renowned cosplayers Jin Joson and Marien Jose.  They cosplayed as the 4th hokage and the 5th hokage of the famous anime/manga series Naruto.  We were in SM Mall of Asia, Director's Club.  A private movie theater only 30 La-Z boys, so I was forced to use the flash and have my wife hold it on the far right side to get the the 2 cosplayers exposed correctly.  It was an instant setup that payed off.
April 8, 2013 - 4th and 5th
April 9 - 2013 - Alternative

Back at work, as mentioned earlier I was given an e-cigarette from my wife and on the photo below, I was using it and was fond of the smoke or vapor that it produces.  It may not seem obvious here since I only used an iPhone for this.  Post processed with Snapseed to desaturate it and give it a dirty and gritty black and white look.

I'm not sure if I was lazy or busy during that day, cause surely I can produce better shots than this.  Whatever the reason, I don't know and I can't remember.  One things for sure I still go the shot down for that day. 

:D



April 10, 2013 - Vintage
On this day, Adrian asked me to tag along to have a cold coffee in a cool coffee shop a few blocks away from our office.  So I joined in and walked with Adrian(goofing off and fooling around somewhere in there), and was surprised to find Subspace Coffee Shop.  It was a nice cozy place with suspended chairs hanging off the ceiling, model planes, some old stuff here and there.  I couldn't help myself from snapping some shots with the iPhone.  The photo above is an old mechanical calculator and it is big and really heavy compared to its modern day counter part.   

April 11, 2013 - Making a move
Photo above shows Mikey and Pogs of Mediahub team, messing around.  For some weird reason I find myself in the Mediahub HQ once again.  So caught these 2 goofing off and Mikey making a move on Pogs, which brings the fist between them in a split second.  I find this one funny since You can see how awkward Pog's facial expression and the his fist leaves a lasting impression(if you know what I mean).

I guess not everything I shot passes my standards, and I've been noticing that more and more photos are getting rejected by me.  It may be a good thing, but my wife doesn't like it.  I guess this is part of learning, selection. I maybe scrapping more and more now, but I can surely say is that I got winners left in my work space/HDD.

Hopefully the next post we'll have better shots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment