Monday, July 8, 2013

Upcoming Movies: Odd Thomas

And a new novel-to-movie adaptation is making it's way to cinemas in the form of Odd Thomas

Odd Thomas is a thriller novel by Dean Koontz which was published in 2003. The novel is a New York Times Bestseller and was well received by critics and has gained fans alike and has spawned other sequels: 

Forever Odd (2005) 
Brother Odd (2006)
Odd Hours (2008)
 Odd Apocalypse (2011)
Deeply Odd (2012) 

While I have yet to read the novel and I don't think I will be able to in time when it hits the movies on July 17, 2013 ~ (I can always read it even after seeing the movie ;P) I can see that it is a very interesting novel, gathering an average of 3.75 out of 5 stars in Goodreads.  


"I see dead people. But then, by God I do something about it." -Odd Thomas

Odd Thomas is about a young man, who can see ghosts but aside from ghosts he can also see 'bodachs' which are shadowy creatures that go to people who will eventually encounter accidents or even death. Despite his simple life, Odd Thomas does his best to help the troubled souls who seek his help but this isn't your Medium or Ghost Whisperer type of story as there is something bigger and more sinister than ghosts just around the corner. 

A mysterious man comes into town and Odd Thomas just knows that there is something big and bad that is going to happen to his quiet town of Pico Mundo. 

Directed by Stephen Sommers (G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, Van Helsing, The Mummy, The Mummy Returns and The Scorpion King) Anton Yelchin is Odd Thomas and I am personally looking forward to seeing Willem Dafoe in the movie. :)

Odd Thomas is brought to you by Pioneer Films ~ Movie Punch and hits theaters on July 17, 2013. Check out the trailer below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment