Monday, August 19, 2013

Upcoming Movies: The Mortal Instruments: The City of Bones




For this upcoming movies blog post I did a special assignment first before blogging about the upcoming movie (showing in theaters on August 21) The Mortal Instruments: The City of Bones and that was to read the book. 

For Novels turned to Movies, my general rule is to read the book first and this is what I did in this case. 

This blog post would be a mixture of a book review, upcoming movie blog post and event post. Well first off, I did enjoy the book - it was an easy read. I found the book to be a mixture of Harry Potter, a bit of Twilight and a bit of Angels and Demons (not the book, just you know Angels and Demons

The story escalates quickly in the life of seemingly mundane (pun intended) Clary who sees things - strange things - and she's the only one who can see them. 

A world within our own world is a theme that The Mortal Instruments play with throughout the novel. A world of demons, vampires, werewolves, fairies and probably every other magical creature out there and the Shadowhunters of course.  

Based on the first book from Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series, The City of Bones takes an unlikely heroine into a journey to discover her true nature as a Shadowhunter and uncovers some old family secrets. 


Considered as one of the Novel turned Movies that will bring about big buzz among fans throughout the world. The Mortal Instruments: The City of Bones will be hitting cinemas on August 21 and is distributed by Movie Punch- Pioneer Films

You can check out the trailer of the movie below: 



I'm excited for the movie - I love Lilly Collins - ever since I saw her in The Blind Side - Yup! Phil Collins' daughter (Yes! She is Phil Collins' daughter - ugh! I hate it - my age is showing) was in the award winning movie with Sandra Bullock. Although I am not a fan of her not red hair in The City of Bones. For me its not red enough but that's just my opinion. 

I'm also excited to see Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister in Game of Thrones) play Clary's mom - Jocelyn Fray. 

Aside from these actresses, I think the movie did a pretty good casting for the rest of the characters from Simon, to Alec and Izzy and Magnus Bane. Not so much a fan of the casting choice for Jace - but that's just me - no hating please :P Who knows I might get used to him. 

The book had a pretty fast twist and turn on the plot of the story so I'm really looking forward to a fast paced and exciting delivery on the screen also! Plus the CGI work on the demons, werewolves seem very impressive - based on the trailer.  





The Mortal Instruments fan base in the Philippines had a string of activities last Saturday to celebrate the upcoming release of the movie, this August 21, distributed by Pioneer Films and Movie Punch. 

Now, we were supposed to also cover the event but Friday shift was brutal and as you all know we work the night shift so it was really hard for us to go and Paul had work on Saturday soo- apologies we couldn't make it to the event Yes - work can suck a lot of times (which was probably why I was depressed enough to write about this blog post) but here I am still blogging about it since I really admire and believe in the Pinoy Shadowhunters who attended the event which was held in Powerbooks in Glorietta. 

It was a 2 in 1 event - The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Soundtrack Pre-launch which was held in Astrovision - (you can get copies of the official soudntrack of the movie from Astrovision and I have a blog post and a preview of some songs in the Soundtrack here) and Two Words Collide: Shadowhunter and Mundane gathering. 

Movie Posters to Giveaway!!! 





A happy Pinoy Shadowhunter with her movie poster - I can bet the first thing she did when she got home. :)


While we were not not able to be at the events I can already tell that it was all fun and you can never really go wrong when you get to meet other people who feel the same way about a story, characters and a franchise that you do. Kudos to the organizers of the event! To the admins of The Mortal Instruments PH - it really goes to show that more and more young fans are getting a pulse on organizing events so congratulations! I am so kicking myself for not being at the event. 

You can check out the highlights of the events in the video below! 




We will definitely be at the premiere night on Tuesday and you can expect a movie review, rain or shine! In the mean time I think I'll go and watch that trailer again. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment