Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Movie Review: Escape Plan



I will be honest when I first got the invite to catch the premiere of Escape Plan I was a bit meeeh- about it. Mostly because it was like watching my two uncles in an action packed movie going all Rambo (pun intended). 

I grew up watching both Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenneger during their prime. I clearly remember Demolition Man which was a favorite of my Dad's (I'm not yet that old since I'm not referring to Rocky or Rambo which are also some of my Dad's favorites ) and Stallone looked good in his uniform and beret while I vividly remember Schwarzenneger in his birthday suit in that famous Terminator scene (just ask Barney Stinson!)

And to see these two guys still go at it in cringing fight sequences and stunts is almost cruel to the point of being a violation on human rights, I mean these two should be enjoying a scotch in front of a beach and be in retirement! But if Liam Neeson can still kick ass (so to speak) in Taken then these two veterans (pun intended again) would certainly have another go at it right? 

And boy did they have a go at it in Escape Plan the R-13 rating was just right. There was a degree of violence in the movie which was executed with professionally as you would expect of experts like Stallone and Schwarzenegger. 

Not ready for retirement. Stallone and Schwarzenneger prove they still  got in them. 

Regardless off whatever initial reservations I had about the movie I enjoyed it and so did the people in the jam packed premier night. They all cheered and gasped at the appropriate scenes and roared in laughter during the humorous parts of the movie which is a good indication of a movie that was well received by its audience. 

Escape Plan is as you guessed it a movie about busting out of jail but it takes on a new spin with Stallone as a hired escape artist who is paid to be placed inside prisons so he can bust out of them. 

What he thinks is just an ordinary job takes a turn for the worse when he is placed in an super secret maximum security prison designed so that escape is impossible. 




Stallone meets Schwarzenegger in the prison and face up against the creepy warden played by James Caviezel (The Passion, Person of Interest).   

The movie proves to have some twists in the plot (ala Now You See Me) so it's important that you keep an eye on the screen not to mention, the fast thought processing of Stallone's character as he wrestles with science, geometry, physics at breaking speed in order to calculate the ultimate escape plan. 

Check out the trailer below! 


Escape Plan is already showing in Cinemas and is distributed by Pioneer Films (Movie Punch) like their Facebook page here



No comments:

Post a Comment