Monday, November 4, 2013

Project 365: Week 14

As the end of April approaches, I kept faith and tried my best to hold true to Project 365.  By this time, I've been shooting constantly ever since January 24, 2013. So without further ado here are the photos from April 26 - May 2, 2013.  

April 26, 2013 - Mission accomplished
It was a Friday(my rest day), and the car was with me and had free time, so I went ahead and washed the car.  I tried my best to be thorough but there are still some parts that I couldn't clean.  But if you ask me, I think i did an OK job. Not bad for cleaning the car for the first time.

Shot with an iPhone 4S, post processed in Snapseed.  I thought of posting this image in color  but I find it too distracting. So I de-saturated and sharpened the image to give it a smooth finish.

On the following day, me and my wife went to an event to cover the Album Launch of Fall Out Boy.  We were fortunate to get invited by Odyssey(a local music/video store in the Philippines as we were fortunate a few local acts that we may cross paths with in the future. 


April 27, 2013 - F#/B
Above is a photo of Ina Martinez of Red Paradox, during the Album Buy out in Odyssey.  This image was shot with Canon 500d, and a 50mm F/1.8.  It may seem blurry but I got the focus on left hand to the head stock of the guitar which was what I wanted to emphasize here.  


April 28, 2013 - From the mountains to the city
This day, I went out for a walk to shoot a sunset from the highest peak near our house.  Remembering this one, It has a strong orange cast that day and a huge cloud was over the horizon and looked ominous, but I like the way the buildings were showing like silhouettes.  It may seem grainy but I like this shot all the same.  Shot with a Canon 500d, and 50mm f/1.8.

As for the following two days, I went out to watch a gig and blogged about this one. I went out to cover an even from Pinasikat.com featuring bands that played Foo Fighter songs.





April 29, 2013 - Mid sway
On the photo above is Monty of Mayonnaise, and on the photo below is Gio of Pitik. I  Had fun watching bands playing their own music and covering Foo Fighter songs as well.  It was the first time I heard Pitik, and Tonight We Sleep, and I like them and their style.  

April 30, 2013 - Blues
The following day, I went to grab the old camera from my parent's house and shot some photos of them.  Here's a collage of the two camera's that I used, right: Minolta Dynax 500Si and left: Canon Powershot A510.  I missed both of these cameras but both has a limitation or defects.  The Dynax 500Si's motor no longer works I believe I was the last person to use it, the Powershot A510 always asks to set date when turning the camera on and both camera lenses are dirty and moldy.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get both camera's fixed. 

May 1, 2013 - Film and digital
I couldn't remember what I used to shoot both images, one thing's for sure I used, pixlr.com to put both image in one collage.

May 2, 2013 - The guys
On this day, I brought along the Canon Powershot A510 and shot this one. These guys were part of the department that was about to get abolished, so I went a head and asked for them to pose for a shot and got this one done.  

I was hoping that this old point and shoot camera could take the daily abuse of my pocket, it was just too bad that I couldn't shoot raw from it.  All in all it was a nice compact camera with full manual controls.  This makes it easy for me to bring along and shoot anytime anywhere, except it keeps asking for me to set date and time whenever I turn on the camera.  I really need to get it fixed.  

Hopefully, I'll be constantly shooting with this little bad boy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment