Sunday, January 19, 2014

Christmas Toyfair 2013



Apologies for the late post and you can actually refer to my personal year posts here and here to get an idea why I haven't been 'on time' with recent blog posts. 




While attending toy and anime conventions have become an annual practice for Paul and myself and this year's Christmas Toy fair was made extra special because of the call to action that the organizers and the participants answered to the call to action in the wake of the devastation that was left behind by Typhoon Yolanda. 



I for one think that a Christmas Toy Fair is the ideal venue to help the thousands of children left without homes and who lost everything. If some people (I know I can't) can spend thousands of pesos on an action figure then surely we (Yes! Count me in!) can also bring a smile to a child's face.



And so the organizers of the Christmas Toy Fair did their social responsibility by organizing a toy drive and auctioning off donated items for the benefit of the children in Yolanda hit areas. 



While I might have been there as a spectator it is nice to know that an organization that you support is doing their part to help those who are in need. 




I honestly had no intention of getting Christmas presents during our Toy fair trip. However when I was there and was surrounded with so many cool items and toys which I know our cousins, nieces and nephews would love I put my haggling skills to use and started crossing off names on our Christmas gift list. 



Aside from the wonderful shopping experience of course there were cosplayers both inside and outside of the Megatrade Hall. 



It's great to be able to help out and have fun at the same time but I think that we should all remember also, in front of all the amazing toys is that helping is not just a trend but should be constant as long as there is someone in need of it.       





No comments:

Post a Comment