Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Why PCheng Photography? Where's the photography content?




I may be thinking too much but I thought to myself about the name of this blog.  Why is it named PCheng Photography, when I rarely write anything about photography?

The name of the blog was just picked up as we (Ica and I) were thinking of the blogs' name, we weren't getting any decent ideas.  So as we were switching from one blog name to another, one of my former office mates called me PCheng and I guess that's where it all started.  

Another reason is when I was researching for a name for branding my photography, my 1st and last name is very common, if you try to google "paul cheng photography" you'll see A LOT of Paul Cheng in the industry, which forced me to use PCheng.

Now about using photography rather than something else. I just can't remember why it came to pass, but somehow it seemed convenient and we already had the name and url for a few months.  The thought of changing the blog name and address seemed arduous and tedious, which may be why we had it ever since. 


Sunset weeds

Since the core of our blog posts are mostly about event coverage, movie reviews, we still try our best to inject worthy photos/images from any of the events that we've been in.  

As for writing photography related content, I've been busy and since we use only one laptop at home.  It's either I'm editing and posting photos, or Ica writes and that's it.  Maybe we should use one our smart phones and start writing from there, or get a new computer if we have the budget (which is highly unlikely).  

As the other half of PCheng Photography blog, and the one who takes the photos, and is enthralled by the world of photography. I'll commit to write photography related content at least once a month.  

PCheng

PS: I may not be writing as much, but a few of my media streams are up and still being updated.  Check out iPhoneproject365, flickr, and instagram.

1 comment: