Sunday, July 27, 2014

Get the Fire Going with the #KitKatBreakMovement


Have a Break Have a Kit Kat or better yet have a whole lot of Kit Kat!
Photo by PCheng Photography 


Paul and I are a team in life as man and wife and in also maintaining this blog. I often joke to people that our car Hon-Chan is our eldest child while this blog is our second (hopefully the third one will come with a birth certificate). 

An acquaintance of mine once told me that our talents (mine in writing and Paul in photography) is truly a marriage and I guess that's why the blog can be considered as one of our babies :) 

It's not easy doing what we do, having a job that pays the bills and feeds our bodies and pursuing our passions to feed our souls. 

Sometimes when we are itching to work on a project or a blog post, our minds are working on overdrive but our bodies are calling for the comfort of our beds. You know the saying 'the mind is willing but the body is not' well it's the same exact thing. 

There are times where we're working on a project and suddenly we become all too human and crave for rest instead. It's times like these where we just need a break to get the fire going again and based on my experience making sure to take a Kit Kat break can do wonders and even unlock skills you will surely need. 


Paul shooting away at an event coverage. 


For Paul he wants to unlock the skill of 360 degree visualization so that he already knows the where to go, what to shoot and the best angles to shoot from. As a photographer every moment is important and capturing the moment is all that matters. 

It can get tiring when you are shooting or covering an event, or even post processing countless photos but taking a much needed Kit Kat break will definitely help you unlock skills and the strength needed to become a better photographer.      

As for me (Ica) I hate to admit it but there are times when I get writer's block, so much so that even writing a blog post is like doing math homework! (and Math and I have such a complicated relationship). 

I love writing and I never ever want to feel that it is a chore or something that I need to do. I want to want to do it. I want to want to write. 

So when I feel my body becoming tired or when I feel writer's block creeping in I take a much needed Kit Kat break to unlock the skill of Creativity so I can keep on writing and when I say writing I mean real writing and not just rewriting news to post but really looking within me and around me for that creativity and inspiration I need to become a better writer than I was yesterday. 


Writing away on my trust laptop. Photo by the husband
 (c) PCheng Photography
 

In life there are times when we will get tired and uninspired but that doesn't mean you have to stop and give up. Unlocking much needed skills and becoming a better you is just a Kit Kat Break away! #KitKatBreakMovement         

No comments:

Post a Comment