Wednesday, August 20, 2014

How A Bottle Of Coke Made Me Cry




Last Tuesday, I was feeling a bit down and depressed. The 'blue' bug bit me and thoughts of hopelessness were swimming in my head and gnawing at my heart, like a festering wound that never heals. I was walking around like the world was on my shoulders. 

At work I decided to take a look at the Pantry and at the corner of my eye I saw 250ml Coke bottles for sale in the ref. I thought, Hey- Why. Not? (I have hyperacidity and shouldn't be having coke in the first place) I picked one out of the ref and as I was in line to pay for it- I saw that it was a Share A Coke Bottle and with all the names it had to be my Daddy's first name! 

For those of you who don't know my Dad passed away when I was 10 years old, and I'm a Daddy's girl and a big cry baby so anything that reminds me of my Dad will definitely bring the tears coming in. I can just imagine the surprise of the lunch lady as my eyes no doubtedly started tearing up. 

I got my Coke drinking habits from my Dad, he's a big Coke drinker and he passed that on to me and unfortunately that resulted in Hyperacidity :p 

Seeing that Share A Coke With Rene label made me feel like I was drinking that Coke with my Dad and telling him all of my troubles and heartaches. It reminded me that despite all the troubles and challenges my Dad was there to remind me that everything was going to be okay and he was able to do that through a bottle of Coke. I'm so happy that after all this time he's still looking out for us. 


A couple of days ago I saw this Share a Coke with Ben collage- and I thought Awwwww poor Spider-Man :( and I never thought it would happen to me. 

Disclaimer: Coca Cola Philippines didn't ask me to write this. I'm writing this blog post from a personal perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment