Friday, October 24, 2014

Mayonnaise Plays for Eastwood Indie Thirstdays


I've been having a thirst for gigs since unfortunately Paul and I haven't been able to go gigs lately due to schedule conflicts and that really sucks. Fortunately for me Eastwood (which is like my second home already-have been working in the area for about 4 years now) had "Indie Thirstdays" where two Indie bands are scheduled to perform every Thursday of October this also coincides with their October Fest celebrations. (and yes, I just love the pun in "Thirstdays"

I wasn't able to catch Autotelic when they were scheduled to play due to waking up to an awful migraine - which I really hated since I was hoping to catch them live. They're an up and coming band you guys should really check out. 

Since missing out on Autototelic I was determined not to miss Mayonnaise who were scheduled to play last night. We're both fans and followers of the band especially with their new album Tayo Nalang Dalawa out (still don't have a copy but will definitely get one and write up a review). 

The band played new songs from their album like Classmate, Tayo Nalang Dalawa and their latest single Porta (which is on the Myx Countdown by the way) as well as old favorites like Bakit Part II

Unfortunately I wasn't able to finish the set since I had to run back to work since my shift would be starting in a few minutes :p  Which is also why I wasn't able to fully enjoy the Thirstday experience since I couldn't drink alcohol since I still had to go to work. Although I'm not much of a beer drinker myself, I definitely want to bring Paul to Rue Bourbon so he can try out the flavored beer that they have  :) (Caramel Beer) sounds pretty good. ^_^ 

Loved Mayonnaise's set even if I was only there for a short while - in this fast paced lives of ours you have to take things as they come. Thanks Eastwood for making my Thursday a little better! 

By the way- their Beer Tent event is happening tonight! With lots of Beer and bands like Pupil and sandwich performing (among others). I might check it out later but then it would really depend on the size of the crowd too :p 

In case you were wondering, Paul wasn't with me, so these photos were just taken with my iPad, they were post edited by Paul on Snapseed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment