Saturday, December 13, 2014

Calla's Christening


December was a really busy time for us, I think that the holidays puts people in an extra festive mood :p I was asked to cover yet another Christening for a colleague of mine at work. This time it was for Boss Ichi's first born daughter Calla.

It was one of those mass Christenings where in you would have to compete with other hired photographers to get that winning shot of your baby (the baby whose Christening you covering of course). I was surprised that the other photographers brought along with them their own lights. It was a good thing though as I was able to borrow of from their light for my own photos. 

I've noticed that some churches are becoming more strict when it comes to photographers and videographers covering their sacraments and ceremonies, for this particular one though, there were no rules and it was literally like a free-for-all for us photographers. 

Calla is indeed a lucky baby to have been born to a large, tight-knit and fun loving family who cooed at and passed her around with much love and care. I guess I'm lucky too because the babies whose Christening I've been covering lately are not cry babies at all (so far-which makes shooting much easier) I hope my luck continues :p 

Ica told me the story of when she was baptized back in 1986, one of her godfathers promised to develop the film of the christening, (kids, digital photography was yet to be born at that time-photos from captured in film and processed and developed in dark rooms-Google it) but somehow the film got lost and so Ica had no Christening photos, so whenever she had to bring photos of her Baptism for her assignment in school, she had to bring the baptism photos of her sister. I guess kids nowadays won't lack for photos of their milestones in life-what with all the mobile phones with cameras and selfie sticks that people bring around but I guess what I can bring to the table is that you get to sit back and relax and enjoy your event while I do all the heavy work and lifting - so to speak.


No comments:

Post a Comment