Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Project 365: August 2014

In the quest for improvement in the art of photography, the journey continues on and the days keep going.  Project 365 requires me to shoot each day and post one photo each and every day of 2014.  I may not have posted on the day that I shot them, but I make it a point to keep going even if I'm literally back-logged for months. So far I've posted 212 images on the blog, 265 in facebook, flickr, G+ and instagram. 



Day 213 - Sweet endings
Day 214 - Pick up on aisle 2
Day 215 - The eyes
Day 216 - Duck face
Day 217 - Looking for the middle
Day 218 - Konichiwa
Day 219 - Lightning charger
Day 220 - Salad mode
Day 221 - Bibimbap
I ended the previous post with a negative note, my wife said. But I guess I'm impulsive when it comes to writing the said post. Moving forward, I still kept shooting, no matter how lazy or out-of-it, I felt. I just kept going. 

Day 222 - Wife's prize 
Day 223 - Funny looks
Day 224 - My shift begins
Day 225 - Bargaining with light
Day 226 - Sunrise on the road
Day 227 - Lazy
Day 228 - In an alley
Day 229 - Game on
Day 230 - French toast sunrise

I'm just lucky that I have my wife that kept encouraging me to keep shooting, she gave me projects, had me shooting stuff and brought me from one place or events after another.  

Although there were still lazy and lousy shots that I did, there are still some days where somethings just came naturally, for example when I think of capturing something I wait and see if the light is right, is the composition right? In hindsight I think as I move in closer to the 4th quarter of 2014, I think I'm getting used to a few things. It's like having an automated flow chart in my brain(so-to-speak). 

Day  231 - Hard drive chip
Day 232 - Afternoon scene
Day 233 - Visions of home coming
Day 234 - Myself again
Day 234 - Kitchen utensils
Day 235 - Practicing with Jonas
Day 236 -  In another place
Day 237 - Bane
Day 238 - Trooper shirt

As for the last month of Q3 of 2014, I think I've made the most of  the strobes of flashes that I borrowed from my brother in law. Setting up 2 lights in a small space is quite a challenge but I made it work. Working alone is quite tiring, when setting up and shooting but I guess this is how we learn right?

Day 239 - Last coffee for the day
Day 240 - Macro mating
Day 241 - With a little rain...
Day 242 - Visions of homecoming
So far 242 of 365 images , 8 out of 12 months but I kept the ball rolling and the camera keeps clicking, and hopefully, I'll be able to finish all the project 365 blog posts before summer 2015(tropical region) ends. 

It's weird that I'm living in 2015 but in the back of my head I'm still stuck in Q4 of 2014. Weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment