Sunday, March 8, 2015

Project 365: July 2014

I ended June of June 2014 of Project 365 with a black and white image, so I shall start July with a black and white image since it'll be the 5th of the 5 day challenge.  Posting 5 black and white images for 5 days had me itching to get color back into my photos. In hindsight I didn't think that it would have this effect on me, but in the end I was able to appreciate colored images and look at the world in black and white photos in a different light.

As the project continues, I drag myself to keep shooting, but as I kept shooting I discovered that I tend to hold back and not pull out the camera until I see something worthy of capturing.  I guess the discerning eye has been developed without me knowing. Looking into my archived images, I could see more scrap than useful shots.

Often times I get disappointed and sometimes I even start to think: "why bother, the shot will be scrapped anyway-?"
Day 182 - Shadow play
Day 183 - Missing colors
Day 184 - On break
Day 185 - My wife
Day 186 - Details again
Day 187 - What the hand says
Day 188 - Ica's product haul 1 of 3
Day 189 -  Workstation at home
Day 190 - Another morning

Whether I like it or not, I shoot less and still trash lots of images. Even if I think I got my shot for the day, I'd still end up going back to the computer only to see that I didn't get what I wanted. I'd get frustrated most of the time, but I'd just kept at it.


Day 191 - Little Ms injured
Day 192 -  On the road again
Day 193 - Someone else's 2013
Day 194 - Force focus
Day 195 - Thinking of old photographs
Day 196 - That studio look
Day 197 - Remembering Glenda
Day 198 - For skin treatment
Day 199 - High key

Often times I find myself frustrated, scratching my head, getting lazy and disappointed. At times I ask myself or my wife, if I'm getting better, but most of the time I'm never convinced. 

Day 200   She calls it 'imming'
Day 201 - HGS baby 
Day 202 - Lazy
Day 203 - Typical morning 
Day 204 - Meanings
Day 205 - Carrie
Day 206 - Passenger seat
Day 207 - A happy batman fan
Day 208 - The early bird
Day 209 - A familiar sight
Day 210 - Simple joys
Day 211 - Masked rider
Day 212 - Sweet endings

I guess this who I am, I'll never get satisfied with my work, I just have to keep hunting and look for my next shot and get it. 212 Images uploaded, 153 to go. Hopefully, August will shed a more positive write up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment