Monday, June 22, 2015

Always Something New At Toycon




We've been going to Toycon for the last few years now and despite the annual trip I have discovered that there are always new sights and sounds that give a refreshing take on this annual celebration of our inner child.

While the usual toys, displays, cosplays are always there, I never get tired of looking at them and pointing at finds that either bring back childhood memories or drool in envy. Although lacking the physical strength to stay an entire day at Toycon, since we would come from Friday night we still make the trip and go through the jam packed halls, you might think that it's an inconvenience but we love it. It's like having all your favorite stores and shops in one place. :) you get to see so many different things, some a blast from the past, hard to find old toys bearing their age with pride, others advancements in technology like that 3D printer we've been seeing for the past two years.


Vinyl Hunt at Toycon 2015. 


This year, Paul and I were ecstatic to find Vinyls being sold at the event! And with our recently acquired Motorino Record Player we immediately looked through the records. They were already old and pre-owned but there were classics nonetheless. Thanks to my sister and cousin for my advanced birthday gift which was my Vinyl haul :) that was definitely something new for me at Toycon :) 

As I was going through the different stalls and booths I realized that Toycon is always a great place to swing by every year for geeks and pop-culture lovers alike. Why is that? It's because you get a chance to see everything that is up and coming in the second part of the year. From Coming Soon movies to new apps that will keep your geek heart satisfied you get to see everything at Toycon.

Local Comic Book Artists at the Flipgeeks Booth. 


My Flipgeeks team has their own booth which features our very own local comic book artists. Their works are on display and you can also have drawings and sketches commissioned. This is just another way that Toycon features our very own local talent and in a venue wahere they can be appreciated.

"I'll Be Back." 


We've been going toToycon for the past few years but I can say that we haven't had that ultimate Toycon experience yet. There are always regrets of I should have stayed longer, I should have gone to this booth or I should have watched that band perform. This just makes me more determined to come back the following year ready and prepared to have that ultimate Toycon experience. Of course having an ample budget to go on a satisfying shopping spree is definitely a must to. So no, Toycon isn't the same thing year after year. In fact there are always new things to see and experience. Who knows next year I might finally be able to write about that ultimate Toycon experience. 


Click HERE for MORE Photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment