Monday, September 14, 2015

Books & Coffee: What more can you ask for?


One of the stories my mom loves telling (over, and over again) is that when I was 9 years old I asked to receive books from Santa Claus she was so proud that I chose books over toys at my age.

When Christmas Eve finally came I received Louisa May Alcott's Little Women and Jean Webster's Daddy Long Legs and I've been a bookworm since.


Which is why it was no surprise that my interest was captured when I saw that Eastwood, my home away from home was having a Books & Brews event. I mean books and coffee what more can you ask for right?

The event was held in a number of days at Eastwood Mall, there were different booths that had all kinds and sorts of coffee and books. I was especially excited since you could trade up your old books, which I did. I got a couple of classics Moby Dick (in time for the movie, The Heart of the Ocean) and Sherlock Holmes. Paul got a sketch notebook which featured. Design by local artist Manix Abrera. 

There were even booths that had the popular adult coloring books. 

My only regret was that we only went once and after an event coverage at that, our schedule made it difficult to check out the event. I hope there's going to be another Books & Brews event. It makes me happy to see that the traditional paperback still has a place in these modern times. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment