Sunday, October 18, 2015

BSC CSAW Family Day



Growing up, we've always had "family day" activities in school, they had different names - Felowship Day, School Fair, whatever it was called on paper, it had the same goal and objective - to build camaraderie. I have long since graduated and have left family day activities as memories in old photo albums but I never thought I would encounter it again, outside of school and in my adult life - I forgot how much fun it was. 

In celebration of Customer Service Aprreciation Week or CSAW (pronounced as "see-saw" as we would fondly call it) -the culmination of a whole week of fun games and activities was a good old Family Day in a Carnival-Sportsfest fashion.



Set on a Saturday morning after work, colleagues and co-workers gathered in a covered court where colorful stalls offering free food and fun games with prizes awaited. Participants had their faces painted with colorful designs and the happy memories immortalized by going to the Photobooth. 

It didn't take long for the program to start (complete the singing of the Philippine National anthem) and when it did everyone had a great time over classic parlor & relay games such as Maria Goes to Market Calamansi Relay and Sack Race among others. Did I mention that there also beautiful muses who strut their stuff and showcased their quick wit in a little surprise Question & Answer portion. While the parlor & relay games gave everyone the chance to play & participate, it was the Volleyball & Basketball games which the crowd looked forward to. Co-workers who were also athletes in their own right strapped in their gear and set off in heated battles. 




I was never into sports - being a nerd & bookworm all my life. Needless to say I did not contribute anything to the Sports sections of the school newspapers I was a part of. So even if I had no interest in sports nor could I following the scoring or rules I still had fun watching & cheering on colleagues as they displayed their physical & athletic prowess. 

There were beautiful babies and cute children which brought some extra joy to the already joy filled court. The kids had fun with the cotton candy, pop corn, carnival style games and of course - the face paint! It was nice to meet these cuties who my colleagues work so hard for, to be able to proved them with a beautiful future. 




Winners and MVPs were awarded with medals and trophies while eager attendees won home appliances in an ever exciting raffle. I'm happy to say that I took home an oven toaster :) 

It may not have been the usual family day with your immediate family, where the dad's were the ones who played Maria Goes to Market complete with a required shaking of the hips, while the moms nag for you to get something to eat but it was a different kind of family day, the kind you spend with your other family and that would be your family for work. :) 

                                              Click HERE for over 300 photos Photos! 


No comments:

Post a Comment