Sunday, November 1, 2015

Hair Transformation: Purple Haze from Manic Panic



FINALLY! I had the chance to dye my hair again and l this time I decided to up the antee by coloring all of my hair, not just the tips. It was a bold & ambitious move on my part given that I was planning to bleach & dye my hair all on my own but before I get ahead and get carried away let's start at the very beginning. 

I ordered my bleach kit and dye from the online store of RainbowHeadPH which was very easy and convenient to use. I decided to try the Amplified version of the Manic Panic dyes, it's supposed to last about 30% longer than the regular dyes. Will let you know if it does last longer or if I'll just stick to the regular Manic Panic dyes. I chose Purple Haze. 
                       
So this is how my hair transformation started. My Manic Panic Hot Hot Pink/Red tips already faded out. I cut my own hair to a shorter length, yes sometimes I cut my own hair and if you've known me since High School or College this really wouldn't come as a surprise. By cutting my own hair I can save about P100.00 which I can put in my dye fund instead. 




                                                                           

After cutting my hair it was time to bleach it. Coloring then followed. I really wasnt happy with my first bleach and color since I am right handed I tend to put more bleach and color on the left side of my hair. I bought another bleaching kit at Hortaleza, bleached parts of my hair that did not have the purple shade and colored it again. This time I got Paul to help me reach the parts of my hair I couldn't-he's such a supportive husband :) 

I'm pretty happy with the results, since it's just DIY it has that rough-on-the-edges imperfect look which I like. Just goes to show you can color your hair even on your own! 

I don't have a decent head shot yet since I'm sick right now I don't feel like putting on make up and posing in front of the camera. I'll just post a couple of photos I took with my iPad. 

The first photo was taken in a cab while the second one was taken out in the sun. 


                                                                           

I've already included my next hair dye purchase in my upcoming Christmas bonus budget and I've already been thinking about what color or style to do for my next hair transformation. What do you guys think? 

You can check out Rainbow Head PH on their social media accounts :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment