Monday, May 9, 2016

Opinion: PH Vote 2016


Never saw so much people in a Starbucks store but there they were, done voting and getting their "Vote to Care" drink. There were so much people that the guard had to regulate the people coming in. It was only 8am and to think that so much people had already exercised their right to vote was really impressive. 

Throughout the election period I rarely posted about it on my social media platforms but that doesn't mean that it wasn't on my mind, I just chose not to-given that there was already so much of that but everyday my officemates and I would talk about the candidates and political issues, the same with discussions with family during meals and of course chatting with the husband whenever election and political issues would arise. 

I pray for peaceful elections and that the winners would work together with the best interest of the country in mind. I believe that we are in a turning point in our country. I'm tired of people KNOWING about the evils in the government but with NOTHING happening. The people are tired and I pray that in the next six years we will see a stronger Philippines. 

Keep in mind though that the president and people in government do not have a magic wand to make everything perfect. IT ALL STARTS WITH US. From keeping your trash until seeing a trash can instead of littering, waiting for the jeep or fx at the designated area. Crossing at the right time and at the right location, etc. There are so many things that WE CAN DO ON OUR OWN and we should take it upon ourselves to start a better tomorrow with ourselves. 

#PHVote #Halalan2016 #BumotoAko 

No comments:

Post a Comment