Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Toycon 2012: Geek Overload

We went last year (2011) and I (Ica) was even in Cosplay. We had fun taking photos and picking up a few items. Paul and I didn't really make plans to go to Toycon this year especially since it was around time of what we call 'CWD' or Critical Wallet Day' which meant we really didn't have money to spare (and burn) to indulge us to go to this year's Toycon.


Trooper and Proud!
But my cousin Beau kept on encouraging me to go so after some discussion we decided to go. Our friend Luis is part of the Philippine Outpost 501st Legion and was attending the Toycon with his fellow Star Wars enthusiasts and appearing as the well known and loved characters from George Lucas' classic. My other cousin Jeb and my Tito David was also with us. We also had my friend Pj in tow. We were pretty much a group and well you know the saying 'the more the merrier'.

So here are the some of the photos we took during the Toycon and since we came from work- my husband and I were in the night shift we were pretty much worn out by Lunch Time. Definitely next year we'll be more prepared and go on a leave a day before the Toycon.




This is me-in line with our payment for the tickets.

Opening Ceremony with the Dark Knight, R2D2, the organizers, child actor Zaijian Jaranilla.-I have nothing personal against the kid (who can resist his big round eyes when he looks up at you) but maybe they should consider getting another celebrity endorser. Being born in 2001 I don't think he can fully appreciate the two well loved characters beside him. I mean has he even seen a Star Wars original? Just because its a 'Toy' convention doesn't mean a child actor would be a good choice to make a personal appearance. -That's just my two cents. 


Darth Vader and Storm Troopers. I wonder what the first trooper to the left is doing? 


Pj and me with our tickets. Can I also say that despite Mega Trade Hall being a common venue for conventions like this there is still little to no organization when it comes to the long lines. The Management is already expecting A LOT of people to attend but there has been little or no improvement at all in the past years.
This is our good friend Luis in a movie-accurate Bobba Fett costume. Watch out for my interview with him soon! 
Yup! Proud to be part of the Philippine Outpost 501st Legion. The design on the helmet is very timely also since we recently celebrated Independence Day in the Philippines.




All lined up. 


Cute kid having a photo op with Batman. Kudos for the facial expression. I mean check out those lips! 


Me and Pj with Batman. See? He's definitely in character. 


A little kiss for R2D2. Storm Trooper at the back doesn't look to happy. 

TOYS! TOYS! TOYS!!!

Here are photos of some of the great toys on exhibit. 
















Cosplay 

We really didn't take much cosplay photos compared to last year. Maybe next year we'll be able to take more photos-hopefully. :) 


Nope this is not a Zoids on display. Can you guess where the cosplayer is? :) 

Pretty biased since these guys are our friends! 

All in all we had a good time although I can't say that we've had the Ultimate Toycon experience that would need a good sleep and cash in your pocket. My husband and I are looking forward to next year's Toycon. Hopefully by then we'll be able to have the ultimate Toycon experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment