Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Review: Starbucks' Salted Caramel Mocha

Ever since the start of the work week I have always been sleeping for only around 3-4 hours a day. So come Wednesday shift I was already soooo sleepy so I decided to try Starbuck's new drink: Salted Caramel Mocha.I'm a fan of Salt, Caramel and Mocha so trying out this drink wasn't that adventurous of me.

The first time I encountered the advertisement for this new drink I immediately remembered the time when my friend Mj let me try Happy Lemon's Cocoa with Rock Salt and Cheese. I don't know if Starbucks is just trying to get into the band wagon of Milk Teas since it is so popular in the Philippines right now.

Whether or not they were just trying to get in the trend- Starbucks' Salted Caramel Mocha was actually a good drink.

Starbucks' Salted Caramel Mocha on my office station. Great way to start the day-especially if you are sleepy. 
When I went up to the counter I told the Barista that I wanted to try the new Salted Caramel Mocha the Barista cheerfully said 'Ndi po kayo mag-sisisi' (You won't regret it) and I didn't!

You can have the drink as a hot beverage or over iced. I'm really not a fan of hot beverage so I ordered it over iced and it was pretty good. There was a dark mocha taste that is always a good thing and you can actually feel the coffee kicking in from the dark mocha taste. 

You can also subtly taste the salt and the sweetness of the caramel actually go well together. 

Over all it was a pretty good drink next time I would have them blend the whipped cream.

I ordered a tall glass since I was just trying it for the first time. So here are the prices.

Tall - P145.00
Grande- P165.00
Venti- P170.00


Apologies since I don't have good photos- this was a coffee run on my own without my photographer husband-Paul. :p 

Next time I order this drink with him I will be sure to take better photos. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment