Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hayley Williams Collection for MAC


Woke up to great news! ^_^ 

MAC will be collaborating with my all time favorite Hayley Williams for a Spring collection this coming April! 

The tones will mostly be warm, more specifically they will be 'orange-y'. 

Right now, I'm still in the fan-girl momentum (I gotttsaaa...gottssaaa..have this!) but I don't really wear orange so I'm not really sure how to work it yet-if ever I do decide to get the collection. 



So here is what the collection is made up off: 





Lipstick 
Sounds like Noise - Bright true orange (Matte) 

Eye Shadow
Daydreaming - Frosted mid-tone coral (Veluxe Pearl) 

Mineralize Skinfinish 
Lightscapade- Soft candlelit beige with multi dimensional shimmer

Nail Lacquer 
Riot Gear- Bright true orange (Cream) 

***Update***


Hayley's exclusive collection will be available to order through MACCosmetics.com on April 9, 2013. 

As you can easily tell the collection is based on Hayley's signature orange look. I remember reading that John Mayer had once called Hayley as "The great orange hope" so I guess the shade of the collection is very apt. 

Hayley says of her signature shade: 

"Orange was it for me from picking up the eyeshadow when I was in 17, it's not a natural color, but when I wear it, people say 'It looks normal on you! I feel like it was born with it. It matches my soul." 

Hayley describes the make up in more detail saying that "The Daydreaming shadow is soft and pretty when you don't keep layering it. I love colors like that...you get two looks."

"The orange lipstick maybe isn't for (every) girl. But it could be!" 

Hayley is actually a huge fan of MAC and she says she decided to work with MAC because as she says: "The best thing about makeup is that it's self expression, it's art on your face. Makeup can be really empowering, and I'm excited to be part of the MAC family...and for fans to get a hold of it." 

Hopefully we can get a hold of this collection since the news is that it will only be available to order online. I'll keep you guys posted! 



Although everything seems to be workable, the lipstick scares me the most. The adjectives bright and true being used to describe orange can be very intimidating. 



I guess MAC wanted to work with Hayley's loud orange side, she was seen wearing mostly orange palettes during the time when their Riot! album was being promoted. Although of course she also uses different color palettes. The photos I used in this blog post, I got online (thanks Google search) she is mostly known and remembered for her fire-like make up (to match her hair of course!) 

What I've seen so far shows that this Collection will only be available online (boooooo!!!!) so I have no idea how to get (if ever I do decide to get it). If I won't really use the make up, it's still a collection and I'm a big, big fan! So...if anyone knows how I can get the make up please, please let me know! ^_^ 

With their upcoming concert in Manila on February and a new album in April and a MAC Collection also in April! Gaaaah! 2013 is looking out to be a great Paramore year! 

Okay...I'm going to listen to their new single (Now) and just have a fan girl moment! ^_^ 

2 comments: