Sunday, January 6, 2013

Product Review: Tony Moly: Prestige Eyeliner Gel

Not so brand new. You can already see the writing erased due to it being a couple of months old. 

This is actually already a late blog post since I made this purchase way back in September of 2012 (Paul bought it for me as an Anniversary gift). We did the product shoot for this in October, all this while thinking that we erased the photos but as I was going through our photos for our year end in photos lo! and behold! I saw the photos stashed away in one of our folders so here I am now months and months after making this late blog post. 

One advantage of writing this product review after a few months is that I've already been using the product for some time and here is what I have to say about it: 




Prestige Super proof eyeliner 01 black.  
Being chinita and having chinky eyes I have been used to using eye make up to emphasize my small eyes. While the Prestige Super proof eyeliner in black is easy to apply on the eyelid making it easy to get the winged tip look. I can actually feel some stinging when applying it on my waterline. As in burning stinging sensation that just makes me tear up. Now I have been using a lot of different eye make up from eye liners to eye creams but this is the first time that I get that stinging feeling. 

A friend told me that this type of eyeliner is not for the lash line but sometimes when I use it on my eyelid I still get that stinging feeling-so maybe this particular eyeliner is not really for me. 



Aside from the stinging sensation that I feel when I use this, another negative observation is that the gel liner dries up quickly as in really fast. You might think that that is a good thing but once it dries up, it's actually hard to reapply the gel liner again, especially if you have to do retouches. 


As you can see from the picture above once the gel liner dries up it actually comes of really easy which is another negative thing about it. 

Aside from drying up quickly I also noticed that the gel liner turns into clumps after a few hours of applying, especially when you are trying to clean it out. 

No more eye liner :( 
So would I buy this product again? 

At P 528.00 no, I would not buy this product again nor would I recommend it for you guys to use it. I would just suggest buying a cream liner instead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment