Thursday, January 31, 2013

Project 365: Week 1

One night, while I was in the office, I was looking for a camera app for my phone and I encountered Project365.  Then my head started asking questions, Can I really shoot 1 photo a day? Can I really take on this daily without forgetting?  Can I have add this to my daily routine?

During the start of the year, I had free time since I didn't have any scheduled shoots.  I felt that my photographic skills are deteriorating and I needed to keep on shooting no matter what the circumstances are.  

So I went ahead and downloaded the app 'Project 365', which forces me to shoot a photo a day for the whole year.  This app is tied to my mobile device(iPhone 4S) but I think it would be best to shoot with my camera(Canon 500d) in case I have it with me.  So my primary would be my DSLR, and secondary as my mobile device. 



January 24, 2013 #1 And It Begins

I started late for this side project (January 24, 2013).

#1 was shot with my iPhone.  The image on the right was shot on the night of 1/24/2013, same as the screenshot of the Project 365 app, bottom right is a self portrait shot 1/15/2013.  I put all of them together using Picsart app.  Images on the right were edited with Snapseed.

I like starting of with a collage as it puts together multiple shots. 
January 25, 2013 - #2 Safety and Security
At work, there are lockers that always mocked me to shoot them.  I finally had the chance to shoot it, since no one was around, and the security guard wasn't looking(oh yes, mobile phones and cameras are not allowed in the office). Shot with iPhone edited with Snapseed.



January 26, 2013 - #3 Breakfast Place




This shot was done near my wife's office in Eastwood, Libis.  We were running some errands and grew hungry so we went to Goodah.  A fast food restaurant branch that serves Filipino dishes.  Prices are affordable, compared to other establishments in the vicinity.  One of the reasons why I like the place is because they serve pares(sweet sauce, meat with garlic rice).  And here shows the aftermath.  Shot with Canon 500d, 50mm 1.8/f .  Edited in Lightroom 4.








January 26, 2013 - #3 Monoblocking(alternate)




At some point, I thought that I would shoot an earlier photo in case I didn't get a chance to shoot with my camera.  So this one is an alternate #3.  This was shot with my iPhone, in an eatery in Ortigas Center Pasig.  I find that the seats of plastic chairs(Monoblock) has a nice texture to it.  I Shot it a few times and found a composition that pleased me, which will make the viewer think, what this could be.  Image edited in Snapseed.









January 27, 2013 - #4 Makoy





Sunday, we went out to meet with my wife's friends.  We hung out with B2 babies(Marcus aka Makoy and Bradley).  The sun was going down and Bradley was still asleep, I shot this one while the sun was fading away.  I like the way his (Marcus') eyes lit up.  I find this shot adequate since the sun gave it a nice dramatic feel.  Shot with Canon 500d, 50mm f/1.8 Edited with Lightroom 4.



January 28, 2013 - #5 Ants

This shot was the first time I tried using a reverse ring.  It was hard since the meter doesn't work during this shot, manual focus is not an issue since I got used to it, ever since my kit lens (18-55mm ) auto focus doesn't work anymore.  I had to shoot it at a really high ISO since I thought that I wasn't getting enough light, thus resulting to the grain on the photo. Shot with Canon 500d, 18-55mm with reverse ring.  Edited with Lightroom.


January 29 -  #6 One of my wife's toys
This one was shot at home and I shot a few things with my flash but never got what I wanted, I felt that I need at least a light modifier(either a grid or a soft box) or worse another flash.  This one got the effect that I wanted, simple and small.  The light wrapped itself around the figurine.  Hopefully next time I'll get another go at this one with more equipment. Shot with Canon 500d, 50mm f/1.8, 430 EX II. Edited with Lightroom.

January 29, 2013 - #6 Stuff on the bed (alternate)






Like I mentioned earlier, I shot a few other things as before shooting Rei Ayanami.  I put together a few stuff from my side of the bed and arranged them.  I shot this one with Canon 500d, 50mm f/1.8 and 430 EX II.  Edited with Lightroom.














January 30, 2013 - #7 A Sense of Control





Coming home, we usually turn on the the television to watch a few shows.  This was one of the last shots of my day before I went to sleep.  Shot with Canon 500d, 50mm
 f/1.8.  Edited with Lightroom.

















January 30, 2013 #7 From the Office Window(alternate)




Shot in the office(yeah, I snuck my phone in).  This photo was taken earlier in the day as back up.  This was a view over-looking Strata 2000 building in Ortigas.  Shot with an iPhone, edited with Snapseed.









 
Shooting  everyday, gives me a few thoughts: Am I improving? Am I being repetative?  I hope that by a few weeks I could see some improvement, and I would learn something new on the art of digital photography.  I'll try to post in a weekly basis to keep you guys posted about this project.

Here's my project 360 url: http://www.iphoneproject365.com/photos/pcheng311

No comments:

Post a Comment