Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Project 365: Week 5

Getting used to the hard work

This blog post has been staring at me for quite some time now, as I couldn't seem to start writing about the Week 5 of Project 365.  From morning shooter to evening shooter, to me it doesn't matter.  Whenever I felt the itch for shooting I go and shoot since it has become a habit or more like a vice.

Whenever I finished shooting for the day, I post process it right away and then post it right here.  So this post has been a few days over due(at least 5 days).  

In my previous post, I wrote that I hate setting things up(flash, tripod, wireless trigger, reverse ring[if shooting macro], switching lens, etc.)  All of the necessary things to get the best out of the shoot.  Right around this week, I eventually got the hang of setting things up.  I don't find it dragging anymore.

February 21, 2013 -  50mm 
Shot with Canon 500d, reverse ring mounted 18-55mm f/3.5-5.2, wireless trigger mounted on the hot shoe, flash set approximately a feet away from the lens, left and angled pointing to the lens.  Yes, I forgot to mention that I shot the 50mm f/1.8 lens here. Flash output was around 1/16 to just get the white to show and the rest to be unrecognizable and dark.

Shot at ISO 200, 1/200 sec aperture not sure EXIF data doesn't say since the lens is in reverse.  I'll probably say at around f/8.




February 22, 2013 - Tilt
I ran out of cigarettes(yes, I'm a smoker) here and went out for a walk.  I was hesitant in bringing out my camera since I think that people will give me disapproving stares and someone might mug me.  Luckily I didn't encounter anyone(or maybe I was just to preoccupied).  Walking to the store I noticed a huge pot with little bamboo shoots.  And snapped away,  despite of the rain dripping down on me. I got a few parallel shots of the bamboo but I wasn't happy with it.  So I tilted the camera slightly to get this shot.

Shot with Canon 500d, and 50mm f/1.8, nothing fancy about this one.  You might be thinking I'm favoring green a bit since I have earlier shots of greens more often than any color, but we'll see further down the road of this project 365.  After all, we've only had 5 weeks of this, right?


Shot at ISO 400, 1/200 sec and f/5.0 at 50mm.





February 23, 2013 - Off focus
In this shot, is my nephew and niece goofing off on the floor.  I lighted them from the right angled the flash towards them.  I thought I had this shot right but when I uploaded it on the computer I discovered that my nephew is not in focus, bummer!  It seems like a soft focus effect but its blurred.

Shot with 500d, kit lens mounted.  Flash positioned approximately 2/3 feet above the subject and positioned 2 feet behind the camera, triggered remotely.  In post processing I darkened the background further, cause what the kids were laying on was a dirty old sofa.  If you look closely you'll see some remnants of it.


ISO 200, 1/200 sec, f/4.5 @34mm



February 24, 2013 - Collide


We went to Pampanga to check out the 18th Hot Air Balloon Festival.  This was my shot for the day, although I shot hundreds.  I wasn't happy with this since I only had 50mm that's fast enough to shoot fighter planes.  I had to crop the heck out the photos to get some 'good shots'.  

Shot with the same banana(500d and 50mm). 

ISO 400, 1/1600 sec, f/8.0, @50mm.


Later that day, I had a ball and went wild since the place where we stayed for the night is a beautiful resort with lots and lots of beautiful landscapes. As Ica told me that landscape photography is one of my strengths in photography.  


February 25, 2013 - In Bloom
During our stay in Pampanga we checked in at Clearwater.  And there I went wild and abused the kit lens since its the only lens that allows me to go wide(18mm).  I was lucky to venture out to a place with trees, and a lake not to mention a nice and intense sun.  

I shot this using my basic setup, camera(500d) and kit lens.  ISO 100, 1/200 sec f/10 @55mm.  


I know this is not a wide angled shot but the flowers of the tree reminded me of a cherry blossom tree in bloom.  Scenes of winter coming to Japan was my mind set here.



February 26, 2013 - Kalamansi
This was shot with my iPhone while waiting for my dinner in Ortigas Center.  I had to kill time and shoot discretely so I had a hard time doing this.  In the end I got it down nice and clear, even if there was a little camera shake here.



February 27, 2013 - As requested typography 
Ica has been telling me to shoot the moon, and quote a new song from Paramore(her favorite band).  The concept has been hanging for a long time and I don't like getting into typography since I don't like adding words in the picture. I was hesitant on doing this one, but I went a head and here it is.

Shot with 500d, Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro mounted on a tripod that could tip over any time.  Shot a few times, and got this at ISO 200, 1/320 sec f/9.0 @263mm.

Finishing up this post I realized that to me, photos come easy but the words are tougher to pull out of my head.  Looking forward to Week 6 post.(March 12, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment