Sunday, May 12, 2013

Paramore Night V

It's all about the music. -Paramore Fans during Paramore Night 5
They say that love is sweeter the second time around so that only means that things can only get better the third time around right? Well things definitely got BIGGER and BETTER during Paramore Night 5 last May 11, 2013 at it's own home at Route 196. 




Aside from the amazing Mismo Productions who has been organizing the past Paramore Nights, Warner Music Philippines also played a hand in the event which is a significant step in the continuing evolution that is Paramore Night. 

Mouth watering prizes made its way through social media causing the baring of fangs and teeth among Paramore fans. Shirts from the Paramore Spring 2013 were up for grabs. As well as ballers from Warner Music. 





It's always fun to go Paramore Nights? Why? It's because of the people who go there - it really is a family without any pretenses, without the bull, it is in every definition a family brought together by their love for music and Paramore.

First band up the plate - Stratosdays 

Power Punch from Sarah Sayson of Stratosdays. 


First timers- PsychoChem 
Although this Paramore Night was extra special for me since it was the first time that our band would be performing. Now, I've always wanted to sing in a band, while it hasn't really worked out before - I sang for an Anime band in High School and was supposed to sing for Paul's band in College but somehow school rules and College Student Council rules always got in the way. So after being employed for 5 years I finally got the chance to sing in a band (see what I meant in my Late Bloomer post?) which consisted of my office mates and new friends I met through the Paramore Philippines group. 

I admit to butchering 2 songs in the set- when you're there on the stage with the lights on your face blinding your eyes and the deafening screams from the crowd so loud - that you can't even hear yourself (Hey I'm not complaining! I would take a noisy cheering crowd than a melancholic one just staring right back at you) and just standing there with your senses going on overdrive your mind just goes blank - so kudos to the bands- every time they get up on the stage and beat the nerves and get to deliver an amazing performance. I now have a better perspective of what it's like to go up on stage to perform - now that I've shared the stage with you (and it is an honor). 

It was funny to compare our first time to play to loosing one's virginity since in a lot of sense it really was like that. It was awkward, it felt good in the end and you definitely want to do better the next time. 

I'm usually hard on myself when I make mistakes and wrestle with the blunder that I made for days and even weeks to a time - makes me think if maybe I should just stick to blogging - what do you guys think? So thank you for the kind words - I really need them! (Take note - need- present tense :P) 


Ain't it Fun? - it always is with Mad Hatter Day 
It was unnerving to play ahead of Mad Hatter Day - whose music I admire very much, I even blogged about them and they are part of my list of Buzz Worthy OPM bands check out the link here

They played three of their original songs and 2 covers of Paramore songs and as a special treat gave away FREE COPIES OF THEIR EPs! After a spontaneous mob of people formed around them to get a copy of their EP there was an impromptu EP signing! And I was able to get a few extra copies of SIGNED 'Alice in Distress' EPs! :) We'll be having a give away soon so for those of you who want signed copies keep an eye out for our upcoming PCheng Photography give away :) 

Speaking of upcoming- there would definitely be an EP review of Mad Hatter Day's Alice in Distress soon! :) 

If you want to support the band (and support OPM) you can get a copy of their EP here.  
After set photo with Front Woman - Mewa Cawad of Mad Hatter Day 


A bright light in the dark. The beautiful Mich Dimen of Southern Lights 

Celebrating Paramore's music continued with Paramore Night resident Southern Lights - it was actually my first time to catch them as a full band and it was worth the wait and I'm glad that despite challenges: their original drummer was not available and Mich and one of the guitarists had to deal with a bout of the flu but the band still pushed on - hey the show must go on right? It just shows how professional they are - kudos! :) 


Dantia Paner of Ferown - connecting with the crowd. 
I wouldn't say that we were surprised when a tower of people literally surrounded Danita Paner of Ferown when they got up on stage to perform. I mean here was a killer combination of beauty, vocal prowess and a front page-worthy body. Paul literally had a hard time squeezing his way through the angry mob---er enthusiastic crowd. This was a stark opposite from when we first saw them live during Foo Fighters Night, since there was not that many people - Paul was able to easily get a prime spot and click away to his heart's desire. 

Speaking of Foo Fighters Night we actually have prints of Danita that are still pending for her to sign so once those prints are signed you can also expect a Ferown- PCheng Photography give away! :) 

I bet that Ferown won a lot of fans that night since they even made time to hang out with the people. :) 


Ain't it Fun? Danita spraying the crowd with party paraphernalia - Yup! Kind of like a mini concert! 

Did I mention that Danita is also very playful with the audience? Thus the sudden explosion of spray (silly string) - kinda like in a surprise birthday party and Paul having squeezed his way in front was covered in it. Check out his amazing shot above. 



Paramore Night Staple Circa - wowing the crowd as always.
We're always happy when Circa is in the list of bands to perform no matter what night it is - this is because we have become fans of theirs and I was also glad to hear their new song Tonight -- studio version soon please? 

Unfortunately I wasn't able to hear the rest of their set since I had to go to the aid of our guitarist since their car would not start. --- more on that below. 

I did hear from my brother though that their last song - Huling Pag-ibig was a hair raising performance. :P 

Watch out for their 'Habang Buhay' video coming out soon! :D 


Em Tolentino of Circa serenading the crowd. 
Although this is about technical photography stuff- I would just like to go on and say that Paul really wanted to push himself with the shoots and he wanted to have a different feel for this particular shoot so since my younger brother was tagging along, Paul had him hold up his camera flash and so he was shooting with a remote flash. Notice the flash and the glare in the photos? You can easily see it in the photo above that's from the remote flash that my brother was holding :P 

After Circa was the much awaited raffle draw for the Paramore merchandise and while Kuya Monty did the honors it is worth while to note that he even donated a Special Edition Limited Edition Paramore album I can't remember if it was the box set or the vinyl or all of it (out of his own pocket!) isn't that sweet? Even Em Tolentino of Circa made a donation - a skull pin made locally by Totemo Kawaii (I couldn't find a Facebook or twitter page - if any one knows reach out to me so I can update this post) the skull pin is similar to what Hayley of Paramore wears.  

That was actually the first time that there was a raffle during Paramore Night and I think that it only signifies better and bigger things to come! Kuya Monty has said that they are targeting the next Paramore Night to be at the Fort - in a bigger venue of course. :) 


Last band of the night/early morning - Claire de Lune 
After the crowd calmed down and threats of being banned from the group faded and the happy winners continued on with their gloating, the last band of the night - Claire de Lune stepped up to close the show. 


***COMMERCIAL***



So like I mentioned earlier we did help Pj - our guitarist since their car would not start, so yeah we had to push the car along Katipunan and into the basement parking of Mc Donalds. As you can see in the photos we were all smiles despite of the situation. :P I mean that's what a family does right? They help each other in times of need. 

They left their car at Mc Donalds and went back for it the next day :)


Speaking of families - it was pretty much family picture galore back at Route 196 as the Parafamily celebrated yet another successful Paramore Night and as if we needed more reasons to celebrate? That night was also the debut of the Official Paramore Philippines shirt as you can see the beautiful Admins of the group are wearing them below. :) 

I'd just like to say also that Aj's mom even folded each one of the shirts! ^_^ 


Amazing Admins - Chaii, Netly and Jo - 
And to make things more official? Why a Paramore Philippines ID! I got mine and put it in with my office IDs :) 


On the Killer Bus to party! Parafamily goes on an adventure

And if you think that the Parafamily only get together during Paramore events well that's where you're wrong since right after Paramore Night at the ungodly hour of 2:00 AM the guys headed to Fairview to celebrate Vincent's birthday. See the tell tale photo above. Paul and I felt bad that we weren't able to join you, I had my younger siblings with me and have just had about 3 hours of sleep. Maybe next time you can come up to Antipolo ;) We'd love to have you guys over - Overlooking? Swimming? :P 

I would also like to give a special mention to Marah - who hails from Cavite and made the trip just to be with her Parafamily- she went home the next morning. That is how epic Paramore Nights are - people go through the trouble of traveling and you can see from her face in the photos that it's all worth it. 
PARAFAMILY - It's a big, wild and crazy family with Kuya Monty and Em Tolentino.

When I got home I immediately posted on the group - that it doesn't matter if the best and most famous bands are invited over for Paramore Night if the crowd is not as fun, wild, crazy as these one then it wouldn't be as successful as it has become, hey it wouldn't have reached up to Paramore Night 5 if it was a flop right? 

While there is no news of when the next Paramore Night would be we stay in touch through Facebook and Twitter and sometimes a small get together or two- we are a family despite the distance, the difference in occupation and studies. 


See you soon guys! Until the next Paramore Night :)


For MORE PHOTOS of Paramore Night 5 - just visit our Facebook page here
Don't forget to like the page for those of you who haven't yet :p 



1 comment:

  1. The Paramore PH ID is so cuteee :)) Where did you get that? :)))

    ReplyDelete