Friday, July 19, 2013

Project 365: Week 12

As the year continues, the days goes by faster than we realize it.  I'm now on my 12th week of Project 365.  I'm very surprised that I can still keep shooting every single day.  I often find myself without my prefered camera(Canon 500d) but as the weeks go by, I've gotten used to shooting with my iPhone 4S.  It may not have the 15 megapixel image quality of full control as my other camera, but its the camera that I always have in my pocket.

Most of the images that you'll see on this post(probably in future posts as well) will be coming from my mobile device.  So hope you guys bear with it, as you'll see more noise, and more blur.

The photo below was taken in Republiq in Resorts World Manila.  Voltz, had a friend from Cebu that came to visit and I was available.  And I became the designated driver for our guest, Pogs, Ariel and Voltz.

Aprill 12, 2013 - Seeing is believing
We went around the metro and found ourselves in Republiq.  Here we saw Barney(yes the purple dinosaur), clubbing.  That's why I called this shot 'Seeing is believing' because I couldn't believe what I saw that night.

The following day, still shaken from partying with my friend the previous night.  Me and my wife went to the album launch of her favorite band.  If you've been following the blog, you know who her favorite band is(for the people who don't know, its' Paramore).  

One of the local music stores in the Philippines, Odyssey released Paramore's 4th album and had a few local bands play a few cover songs from Paramore. We had fun as we're familiar with some of the people(fellow Paramore fans-Paramore Philippines) who came along to buy the album.  In case you want to check out the previous blog post for the Album buy out, click here.

April 13, 2013 - Paramore fans on the album launch.
I was really lucky this time since I was able to borrow Milo's fish eye lens. Here's a shot that I did of the said lens in Week 3 of project 365.  I think it's one of the clearest wide angle lens that I've tried out so far.  On the technical aspect of this shot, I believe that I had the 500d and a 430 EXII Speedlight for this image.  


 
April 14, 2013 - From the outside
When you see photos of Ortigas Center, you'd know that I went to work that day.  For example the image on the left, this was shot during one of my breaks.  If you have been reading the past #projec365 blog posts, I often go out of the building and take some time out to hunt some shots for the said project.

I often find it mundane since I've been repeating the same shots over and over again and I feel like I'm not veering out of my way, to photograph or shoot to improve.  

Here I used an iPhone 4S, and it seems that the shot seemed rushed.  If you look closely, you'll see camera shake.  For post-processing this was done in Snapseed. I haven't encountered another app to match Snapseed's versatility and ease.

April 15, 2013 - Rumors...
April 15, 2013, we caught word of a rumor going around that the account that I've been working with will be pulled out by our clients from off shore. These were just rumors, but the thought of losing our jobs was something that made us rethink and ask ourselves what we want to do with ourselves now? 

Although it doesn't show how it affects us in the photo above, to me this image is the moment where Jay-ar told(guy on the foreground) us about the rumor.  Shot with an iPhone 4S, and processed with Snapseed.

April 16, 2013 - Troubled mind


As the rumor looms it's ugly head, you can sense a negative vibe even during  our breaks.  Here is an image of Adrian during our coffee break and you can see that he really has something in his head that may be bothering him. Shot with an iPhone 4S, and edited in Snapseed.  I like the way the sun gave us a strong flare on the right side of the image.

April 17, 2013 - Thanks for the memories
This day was my XXth birthday and finally, the higher management has confirmed that our clients has pulled out their business and brought it to another contact center.  Here's a panoramic shot of the team in the evening shift and a few others that are part of another team/account.  You may not see it in our faces, but the bad news has some affect on us, which prompted me to take this group photo, cause it may be the last time that we'll be working together.  

Shot with an iPhone 4S with it's built in panoramic mode, no post processed was done on this since it was to big to fit into any apps in the phone.

April 18, 2013 - 10mm to infinity
Although we have something to worry about, this shouldn't be an issue and prevent me from continuing, project 365.  During this day, I went out to the Mediahub head quarters for no particular reason. I took a photo of a Sigma 10-22mm.  While hanging out in the HQ, I shot this, while holding it with my left hand, and used a subtle light from the iMac.  It's not the best photo, but I think its the only one that makes sense.  

Shot with an iPhone 4S, and barely edited with Snapseed.  

Week 12 is pretty memorable and mixed with a flurry of emotions, but the project must go on.  You'll see more and more photos from the iPhone and who knows, maybe I'll be able to try out other cameras in the future.  

See you in the next project 365 post!

No comments:

Post a Comment