Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Won an iPad mini from Sky Cable! :)




Kids look forward to summer - coz no school. Adults on the other hand equate summer with hitting the beach and showing off their six pack abs and well toned bodies they spent the rest of the year working on. 

But for geeks and Thronies like Paul and myself - Summer means - Winter is Coming - Confusing? Well that's coz Summer means - a brand new season of Game Of Thrones and since they've been renewed for seasons 5 and 6 that means at least 2 more summers enslaving ourselves over the adaptation of George R. R. Martin's addicting A Song of Fire and Ice TV series on HBO. 

I'm a big fan and read all the books and felt all the heartache that tragic scenes like the Red Wedding has brought all fans both old and new. 

Season 4 was extra special for us since we got to watch it through HBO GO! :) 

HBO GO is an exciting app which you can download on your mobile phone, handheld device or laptop and from there you can stream original HBO shows! From their new shows like Game Of Thrones which would be available 12 hours after its US premiere (or even earlier)! 

You can read more on my HBO Go blog post here. :) 

Aside from getting to support Game Of Thrones through HBO Go - Season 4 was also made extra special through a tweet/post contest from Sky Cable. All you had to do was post/tweet with the hashtag #GameOfThronesOnSky and you stand to win an ipad mini as well as Game Of Thrones goodies! 

Well that's exactly what I did - for the whole duration of Season 4 I tweeted, posted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram -the whole ten yards and well I guess it was all worth it in the end coz I won an iPad mini! :) 

Here's an example of one of my #GameOfThronesOnSky #HBOGo posts - I had like one for each episode at least! :) 




And here she is :) Sorra - which is the Japanese of well - Sky! :)  

Photo by the husband of course! 

I'm just so happy coz this was the biggest thing that I won - ever and also it will definitely help me with blogging in the future :) 

You guys can be big winners from Sky Cable too! Just make sure you like their Facebook page, follow them on Twitter: @skyserves and on Instagram @skycableph  











No comments:

Post a Comment