Friday, November 7, 2014

Project 365: May 2014

The continuation of Project 365: 

Technology makes life easier, better and faster.  Complex tasks becomes equivalent to a press of a button. Technology and advancement is just awesome, but sometimes I just find it so hard to focus with this project...


Technology has given us so many things, beneficial, nonsensical, trivial, and down-right useless stuff.  I thank ingenious people for creating the world as it is, but this world is just full of distractions that it often leads me to do stuff that only feeds my laziness and sends this project further back into the 'to-do list'.  I hate to say it but the world now, is just full of distractions!


Project365|2014 Day
Day 121 - One Corporate Center Ortigas
Day 122 - Tinkering around
Day 123 -  Books and artwork
Day 124 - Shadows
Day 125 - Make-up mayhem
Day 126 - Monday morning leadership with Marky
Day 127 - Black flowers
Day 128 - Evening work
Day 129 - Fresh from the tree



Its a real struggle to focus on whatever project that I want to take on with the world today.  Anywhere I look I see a distraction.  So how do we deal with these 'distractions'?  Here are some tips:

1. Set a specified time to do your project.  -  Decide when will be the best to work on any project, and give it a minimum duration.  

2. Stick with your set time - Regularity and  habits will get you through.  Once you get used to shooting at the time you set to work on the project, you'll get used to it.


Day 130 - Attack on Ems
Day 131 - Taking the crowd to church
Day 132 - Learning how to chop
Day 133 - In transit
Day 134 -Driving and shooting 2
Day 135 - The lone tree
Day 136 - Breakfast/dinner
Day 137 - WF team
Day 138 - Side light

3. Enable Silent mode on your mobile phone or if possible, turn on Airplane Mode - whether we admit it or not, we spend more time staring into our mobile or smart phones.  Putting your smart phone on silent eliminates or minimizes any distractions.

4. Continue to work on the project - even if the people around you find it pointless.  This is true, unless you surround yourself with people who has common interest in your project.  People will not see the reason why your doing this, but keep reminding yourself that this is for you, not for them.



Day 139 - Shades of Autumn in summer
Day 140 - Portraits and reflections
Day 141 - Idle state
Day 142 - Night scape
Day 143 -  Baby powder
Day 144 - Posing
Day 145 - Timing
Day 146 - 1970's Road Runner
Day 147 - No fill light

I usually shoot in the morning after work and set my mind to doing it. Often times my wife gets irritated by this morning ritual.  I got used to shooting in the morning unless I'm too tired from work.  

Another battle that I face is my daily uploads for project 365(flickr, g+, facebook and instagram).  My daily challenges are slow PC issue, slow to no internet connection, tired from work. 

Day 148 - The view in between
Day 149 - Reflecting rivals
Day 150 - Designated lift
Day 151 - Midnight in the afternoon

I guess the best tip that I can give, is to persevere.  If your mind is set to doing a project, even if all other forces(external and internal) are conspiring against you, you'd always have an output for your project whether its good or bad.  

Whether it's good or bad you'd see changes and improvement on your project.  It may not be evident but improvements will definitely show, eventually. 

So far, I've shot 151 days of 2014, most days I get lame and nonsensical images, but when I evaluate my shots from then to now, I could see improvements. Stick with it and you'll see what I mean. 

For everyone/anyone that shoots project 365, keep on shooting and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment