Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Toyfair 2014

Toys, toys and more toys
We actually weren't planning on going to Christmas Toyfair this year - blame that on Paul's late 13th month pay (it came out on the 19th) but my baby sister who is a big geek like us - convinced me to go. She even said - "Ililibre Kita" (I'll treat you.) Hahahah! ^_^ I guess that's a good change since being the elder sister I used to be the one to always treat my younger siblings out but now that my baby sister has a job she can treat me so - yeay! :D

Due to our weird schedule - we work the night shift, we decided to go to Christmas Toyfair - Sunday evening (and watch The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies after) this was also so we can avoid the Holiday Traffic. It's a good thing that even if it was already the evening of the last day of Christmas Toyfair we were still able to see a lot of great toys and finds.

I always tell people that if you really want to go out and shop for toys, geek stuff, that Christmas Toyfair is the better choice than Toycon (which happens in June), there is not that many people compared to Toycon, which is an event that is flocked not just by the toy enthusiasts but Cosplayers as well and there is just more stuff going on during Toycon I guess.For safe measure my cousins and I go to both :P



There were also other fun activities during Christmas Toyfair like the Toyfair Auction (proceeds go to Charity) I saw a pretty nice Rurouni Kenshin framed poster that was auctioned and I would have liked to see that hung up in our house :P

There was also the Christmas Toyfair Toy Photography competition - Paul and I were planning to join but due to our hectic schedule we weren't able to submit an entry T_T but we saw the entries submitted and they were pretty darn good, just imagine Naruto and Woody (from Toy Story) sharing gifts under a Christmas Tree! Hopefully next year we'll be able to join!

We were able to pick up some items for Christmas gifts for our geek cousins and a cute hat for Paul's niece (that she loved by the way). We always get great gift items during Christmas Toyfair, I guess it helps that we have geeky relatives too! :P

Rebel Leia and Rebel Solo - will shoot with the Leia shirt soon! 


I saw  this great "Rebel Leia" (Star Wars) shirt from Planet Geek and my baby sister bought it for me for Christmas! :D They also had Geeky Underwear (panties) for sale. Wonder Woman, Harry Potter (the back of the undies say - "I swear that I am up to no good" and I just had to LOL at that. There was also this awesome Princess Leia towel - I mean where can you find a Star Wars towel right? It was really pretty cool.

We picked up a couple of art work (from local artists) from Poop Shop that I picked up for my cousins. (Star Wars Cards, Joker Poster).

Joker Poster from Poop Shop. 


Hopefully we'll be more prepared for Christmas Toyfair - next year - definitely better budgeting :P But before Christmas Toyfair is Toycon in June - soo... Save! Save! Save! :D

Click HERE for More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment