Sunday, December 7, 2014

False Apart Album Review



I will be returning to my punk-rock roots with this review from up and coming pop-rock band False Apart! I got a copy of their debut self titled album (recorded at The Yellow Room Music - by the way) at Built By Sonic Eastwood - which is near my office. Unfortunately we were not able to attend their album launch as we had prior photography events and a Christening coverage that day  but that doesn't mean that I won't be featuring their album ~ hence this review! ^_^ 

Before I start with the review I have to go on and say that I've actually known two members of the band prior to getting to to listen to their music. 

Bassist and vocalist Arianne Gonzaga is actually the younger sister of my former boss turned wedding coordinator. Don't worry I'm not writing this review to suck-up as I said earlier Arriane's older sister is my former boss who also coordinates weddings and events  (shout out to Event Junkies Manila ^_^)   

While I met False Apart guitarist Jepp Padilla through the Tricot Manila Street Team.

Tricot is a Japanese Math Rock band who performed in Manila earlier this year-let's just say that it was one of the most amazing shows we've seen this year and being part of the Street Team made that experience even more special. 

Peejie Abia who is the artist for the album's cover and sleeves is also a part of The Tricot Manila Street Team :) 

Okay so I really made it a point to mention that I knew some of the band members prior to being introduced to their music and I really wanted to emphasis this because that's what happens when you support local music there's a chance for you to know these musicians; they could be your cousin - (Barbie Almalbis is actually my second cousin) or your childhood friend or your (mysterious) neighbor and I think that's pretty cool. 



Okay...so now that that point was made let's get on with the album review shall we? 

The image that comes to my mind when I listen to the music of False Apart are two young lovers holding hands and jumping to the band's infectious melodies. Their debut album is a good starter album for anyone looking for a good dose of pop-rock. 

One of the things that sets False Apart from other bands is that they have both a male and female vocalist which makes their sound very unique. 

They are not a female fronted band despite Arianne's vocals nor are they a "Pogi-Rock" band despite Jepp's very pogi voice :) but the working and intertwininga of Gonzaga and Padilla's voice coupled with guitar riffs which reminds one of Coheed and Cambria a bit makes False Apart one of a kind. 

You can check out False Apart's video to their song 'Nothing's Left, Nothing's Right' below! 

You can also download the song (and support the band at the same time) through Amplify.ph - 
just click HERE!

Of course you can also grab a copy of their debut album from Built By Sonic and/or meet up with the band or better yet see them live in shows ^_^ 






As part of my album review, I will say that I love that the cover and the sleeves not just because of the art but because of the (good) quality on which it was printed. The font of the lyrics were nice and readable which is definitely a plus for someone like me with bad eyesight :P So you'll definitely get your money's worth - not just for the awesome music but also because of the great physical album that comes with it :)

There are 8 tracks on the album which showcase a variety of styles from the band.


I'm really looking forward to see this band grow as musicians and can't wait to hear new music from them. This first album is a good indication of their potential and I just know that with more angst and impressive riffs and melodies they are definitely a band that will be making waves in the local scene.  I should mention also that these guys bagged the Runner up position during The Yellow Room Battle Of The Bands. ^_^ 

So definitely bigger and better things for them! 

Make sure to like them on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment