Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Star Trek (2009) DVD



Picked up the original DVD of Star Trek (2009) because #1 I haven't seen it yet and because #2 I loved the sequel: Into Darkness (which, in my opinion is still better than it's contemporary - AKA kasabayan in the cinemas-Iron Man 3).

Paul and I enjoyed watching the movie, it was a great re-introduction for old fans and a great movie to start with for new fans. This isn't a movie review blog post so I won't be writing a lot about the movie. We did enjoy the Special Features added, in A New Vision we saw different camera tricks that J.J. Abrams used and man were they so cool! It gives me new hope pun intended for Star Wars Episode VII! ^_^ Of course the Gag Reel is always a hoot to watch. Will be watching the entire movie again (with commentary) soon! 

In this day and age of piracy and watching movies from tablets, hand held devices and even phones, I am more determined than ever to enjoy movies as they have always intended to be enjoyed- to be viewed on the wide screen of a cinema or from your TV (hopefully it's flat screen and huge) :p through an original DVD. 

People give me queer looks when I tell the, I still prefer to buy an original DVD rather than download it online, I mean how many people do you know who still buys original DVDs and CDs? 

Now, I won't be a hypocrite - there are times when I still watch series or movies online this is mostly for anime and just because it's not easy to find DVDs (subtitled in English) here. I do have the Rurouni Kenshin DVD. 

As Paul says it, it's a way to give back to the industry and to the artists who work hard in each movie. I'm just glad that he supports this crusade of mine. :p I guess this also works for us, since Paul and I are that couple who can stay at home and watch the Extended Version of a movie, including all the behind-the-scenes features that goes with it.



Now - we're not rich and have to often work on a tight budget just to make sure that we pay for all our bills and I know that buying DVDs isn't a cheap hobby but all you need is patience, since prices for old movies would go down eventually. All you have to do is to be patient and wait. 

Star Trek which came out in 2009 is for P199.00 and getting to enjoy the movie and all the features that go with the DVD make that P199.00 worth it. If you really like a movie, then I'm sure that you wouldn't mind paying P700+. I don't know I guess that's just me, I mean people would literally spend thousands on branded clothes and shoes, I choose to spend on movies, music and books. Hey to each his own right? 

I'm currently on the hunt for a Terminator DVD, I saw T2 and T3 DVD (only for p100.00) if anyone can lead me to a Terminator DVD please let me know. I want to make sure I get to watch it before the reboot is released (especially since they will be making a lot of changes (from what I can see from the trailer). 

Aside from Terminator, I'll probably pick up Star Trek: Into Darkness up next, I think it's p279.00-P300.00, I really enjoyed the movie, unfortunately I was late to the screening so I didn't get to catch the movie from the start (plus I love Benedict Cumberbatch) so it's definitely on my to-buy list. Monuments Men is another on my to-buy list. Missed this in the cinemas but definitely want to watch it since Paul and I are also History Buffs :P 

Some titles that we want to buy but are still on the P700+ range would be Pacific Rim, Guardians Of The Galaxy, The Lego Movie. Big Hero 6 has not yet been released on DVD but definitely is on our to-buy list. 

Lots of great movies for 2014 and I think that a good way of keeping those movies within your viewing pleasure would definitely be getting the original DVDs. :) 

For 2015 I will definitely make it a point to buy more DVDs - I think I've finally found my collection calling :P Might have a new segment in the blog for DVDs - any catchy ideas for a name? :D 




No comments:

Post a Comment