Friday, August 21, 2015

Manic Panic In Hot Hot Pink



I've always had a weird relationship with my hair, in High School I would cut my own hair, literally get a pair of scissors and just cut away, I guess it was my own way of coping with teenage years. There was a time I even had ear tails, you know those long hair extensions that went in front of your ears while the rest of your hair was short? You'd mostly see it in Anime and as an Otaku it was just my way of experimenting and expressing myself.

In College I was just lucky enough to have naturally straight hair, so while my classmates had their hair rebonded, mine stayed a virgin. When I started working, people were starting to color their hair and while I had the brown and reddish color done I really wanted to experiment more with bold colors. Which is why I'm exhilarated to have finally gotten my hands on a Manic Panic dye. 


When people see my pink-ombré hair, they think I had it done in a salon when in reality it was just me, on a weekend at home. So first I just bleached my hair with a simple bleaching kit I bought from the Four Strings in Cubao Expo at P150.00 if you order it through Rainbow Head it would just be P100.00. 

There are other bleaching kits available and if ever I decide to bleach my whole head I might get a different bleaching kit. I've had my hair bleached for a few weeks before I was finally able to purchase a Manic Panic Dye. It's P800.00 at The Four Strings in Cubao Expo but P750.00 when you order it from Rainbow Head. 

I just followed the instructions and voila! I was actually worried that it wasn't going to be as pink as I'd hope but I'm happy with how it turned out. It's just really important to bleach your hair first so the color will really come out. 


It's only a semi-permanent dye though so the color will fade in about 3-6 weeks time (according to the container) I've already re-touched it but I still have enough left for another batch of re-touch. 

I'll probably let this grow out, cut my hair then bleach it again, if it will be the whole head is something that we'll have to see. :) 

Do you think I can pull off a whole head of pink or blue? 

What color should I try next? 

You can purchase Manic Panic Dyes and other hair dyes and hair products from Rainbow Head - just follow them on Instagram @rainbowheadph and on Facebook too :) 

#IamRainbowHead 


No comments:

Post a Comment