Sunday, July 17, 2016

TV + Music: "Jack Attack" Brings Local Music Acts to Eastwood


Franco. 


TV and Music -🎶 "these are a few of my favorite things 🎶" and I just love it when they come together and such was the awesome "Jack Attack" -free concert, which was held at my home away from home-Eastwood City! 

Music has always been our first love , it was what first got the blog up with #TeamPCheng covering local gigs, Paul taking photos and myself writing. But because of our nocturnal work schedules it has always been challenging to go to gigs and shows. So wheever there is a show or gig that fits our schedule, you can expect us to be there! 

When Jack TV (a staple TV Channel at home) announced that they would be having a concert featuring my favorite local acts (We follow every act in the lime up) at Eastwood City I was immediately interested. You see, I work at Eastwood so I would just need to wake up early, see the show and run to the office in time for my 11:00PM shift. Easypeasy right? 

Mayonnaise.

Unfortunately Paul wasn't able to come to the show since he was currently on the mid-shift during that time, so it was just me with the camera. When I arrived at Eastwood it was already Jensen and the Flips up on stage (apparently I already missed Autotelic #SoSad) I made a beeline to the front and was lucky enough to get a spot right in front, by the barricade. 

The moment I was settled, I could feel beads of sweat rolling down my back and I suddenly realized there was a steady growing crowd that was breathing down my back and I did the math, if it was around 7pm and I would be there until a little before 11pm, I would be dripping in sweat and not smell so fresh for work. I texted my office mate to bring me an extra shirt, which was a good thing since I also did a lot of jumping and head banging at the show. :p 


The girls behind me were totally going gaga over Jensen and the Flips. It was also nice to hear the crowd to sing to the songs of Indie bands including The Ransom Collective

Things got crazy when Mayonnaise got up on stage, with the, performing anthems such as "Bakit" and "Jopay" with the whole crowd singing out loud. 

Mayonnaise covered a couple of OPM classics which included "Ipagpatawad mo" where front man Mont Macalino even asked "Flip" guitarist Sammy Valenia to come up and sing. 

I haven't jumped and head banged in a long time, I think the last one was during Jack Daniel's Future Legends Indie Fest but I was definitely jumping up and down when Mayonnaise covered "Laklak" -the whole crowd went absolutely bonkers. 

Continuing their OPM covers, Paraluman vocalist Madeline Ramboyong Madz) was also asked to come up the stage to sing "Ang Huling El Bimbo" -the lyrics "Kamukha mo si Paraluman" was a nice little touch since Madz's band is called Paraluman :p  


Jensen And The Flips. 

It was so nice to see Mayonnaise after such a long time, we have been following the band for a few years now and it's always a pleasure to catch them in a show! :) 

Seeing Franco perform live, reminded me of this thought that I had years back-that when Franco performs live, it's like he's making love to his guitar. It's that intense! 

Apologies that the photos are not "PCheng quality" as I mentioned Paul wasn't with me and I was also constricted with one kind of lens and being stuck in that one position throughout the night. Hoult next time both Paul and I can enjoy another awesome show :) 

I wasn't able to finish Franco's set though, as I still had to grab food to stuff in my face while working :p 

It really was an awesome way to start my Wednesday workday, despite the leg pains during shift. 

There were some pretty cool posters set up of Jack TV's TV Shows, (The Flash, Constantine, Supergirl and Lucifer) - all shows we watch on Jack TV by the way :P They also gave away prizes to lucky winners! Even Kobe Bryant Funko Pops. 

 I didn't  get to take photos of those though, since it was already dark when I got to the show. The event was up since 10 AM with booths from Nescafe and Advil :) 

Make sure to follow Jack TV on Facebook for more updates on awesome shows and events!

#JackAttack #AllOutJackHeroes #ThisIsHowWePlayIt 

P.S. That extra shirt I requested really came in handy. I was pretty much sweaty after the show and still had to go to work! I pity my seatmates that would have to smell my sweat throughout the shift. 

Thank you to Jill for bringing an extra shirt for me. Mental note. Bring gig paraphernalia. :P  


The Ransom Collective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment