Thursday, September 1, 2016

Events: APCC Concludes + Day 3 Post + Photos

"Game of Thrones" Joe Dempsie with a fan during his "Meet and Greet Session". 


Unlike my first two posts for APCC which was uploaded right after Day 1 and Day 2, the post and photos for the last day came in late. For specifically four days later. It seems that the fatigue of the three day event finally caught up with us. As I am writing this, the luggage we used for our Microtel stay for APCC is still on the floor and has not been put away yet. I guess our daily routine post APCC hasn't come back yet. We spent the entire Monday following APCC sleeping as we were transitioning back to the night shift, unlike most people, we had work on Monday evening and needless to say I had to battle a nasty bout of a headache. :( Tuesday, we took care of some personal matters, I went to an Advanced screening and needless to say that means deducting about four hours of sleep, which I could have spent writing this. It's now Thursday morning and it's a good thing that the movie I saw last night Morgan will still come out next week, so I don't have to write my review yet and I can finally work on these. 

As I said the fatigue of the past two days finally caught up with Paul and me, you see when we would go back to our hotel room after each day we would not dive under the covers and sleep but immediately work on photos and write ups, hence the immediate posting of Days 1 and 2. I guess by the time Day 3 came, we were just tired. I don't know how the other cosplayers do it, maybe next year an energy drink can sponsor. It would really do good for those like ourselves who work on covering the event.


Unfortunately, Paul and I were not able (yet again) to join the special Marvel panel APCC was offering. I missed the line of the instructions which said that you should check in at F5 by 12:00 noon, maybe third time is the charm next year eh?

I guess this is what pissed Paul off, not being able to part of "Hall M" but having to lug the cameras up and down, since we decided to leave our recording devices in the car for Hall M only to get them again, since we were not attending said Hall M. So going up and down SMX with cameras and a laptop in tow kind of put Paul off and I don't blame him. Mental note to read all instructions carefully next year. Sigh.

On the third day, we also sort of became on-call photographers for the organizers, which explains why we have photos from Joe Dempsie's "Meet and Greet Session" which is the upside, the downside of which was not being able where we wanted to go. Paul was just itching to take photos of cosplayers but was not able to fully do so. I also kind of feel bad not being able to cover CAGE, especially since our acquaintance Fred Viñas won. I also wanted to take photos of the "Fight Saber Philippines" show.




I'm just glad that we ended the day and in retrospect the event on a high note and that was spending time with our FlipGeeks team. We needed the laughs and the jokes to lighten up our moods. So I guess at the end of it all, despite the tiring APCC coverage it's a good thing that we have a tight knit support group who knows what we go through. The physical and mental struggles we go through just to pursue our passion.

I got to see Millie Bobby Brown, I was able to ask Nicholas Hoult and Joe Dempsie a question, saw friends and witnessed pop culture come alive. This is definitely one for the books!

I can't wait for next year! Will make sure to pack Enervon, energy drinks and if we could afford it go on a leave the day after the event as well.

Click HERE for MORE Photos! 


No comments:

Post a Comment