Thursday, September 22, 2016

Movie Review: Beatles: Eight Days A Week


I might come off as a big nerd when I say that I love documentaries - but I do! And I am a nerd!

Do you know what's better than watching a good documentary? When its made so well that it doesn't feel like one. Forget the videos your science teacher made you watch when you were in grade school, this one is nothing like that.

It was like all the check boxes were ticked off when it came to "The Beatles: Eight Days A Week- The Touring Years" documentary, which featured the early touring years of "the fab four"from 1962 to 1966. The documentary was so well done it would feel as though you are in the 1960's yourself!

(Going back to those check boxes) I love music, history (and as I mentioned earlier, documentaries) I may not be a big Beatles fan but I grew up listening to their songs. It's a bonus that Ron Howard, whose work we admire directed the film. 


I love how given the photos, video clips and audio clips available, Ron Howard and his team were able to seamlessly re-create "Beatle Mania" and it wasn't in a trying hard way but something that felt really natural and like I said, its like you are in the 1960's yourself.

There are a couple of interesting facts about The Beatles which I found to be a gold mine of information, you know the kind of thing you tell friends and loved ones, I can't share it here though as I want you to experience it yourself. :P

Plus, it was fun to watch some celebrity fangirls share their most memorable "Beatles Memories". 



While the whole documentary in itself was an experience, an added special treat was the 30 minute film footage shot from the band's 1965 concert at the Shea Stadium. This was digitally remastered for the ultimate Beatles experience. You can actually see Paul McCartney's sweat on his face! And to see this all in the big screen is an experience you should not miss!

9 out of 10. The Beatles: Eight Days A Week is a documentary that I would watch again and again. 

When we have children in the future, I will make sure that they know "The Beatles" their father was named after one, so whenever The Beatles: Eight Days A Week is released on DVD, I'll be sure to get a copy of that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment