Saturday, September 24, 2016

Music: Returning to Music Gigs: Mayonniase live in Eastwood City



Ica: 

We try to go to as much gigs as we can, as long as it fits our unorthodox schedule. Working the night shift, means missing out the weekday gigs and well, sometimes during the weekends we just want to sleep in or binge watch a series or two. 

So whenever a gig is within our range (location and schedule) we go as much as we can, even if it means catching a gig before going to work. I know that's strange for some but its just a way for us to adapt. When I found out that Mayonnaise was playing in Eastwood City, (I work there) and Paul was off from work, we left early (8PM, I have work at 11PM) and after some errands was enjoying a short and sweet set from one of our favorite local bands. 

I have yet to review their latest album, "For The Rest Of My Life" but that's definitely on the to-do list. They will also be celebrating their 14th Anniversary on the first of October at 12 Monkeys. Not sure if we'll be able to drop by - we'll see. :) 



Paul: 

It's always nice to get pretty close to the stage since most if not all the people are focused in drinking, socializing or what not. I enjoyed Mayonnaise's cover of 'When it rains' by Paramore before I brought out my camera. Yes, I know I missed a few opportunities but I tend to enjoy live performances first to get a feel for the crowd, lighting, ambiance and other elements. 

While shooting, it finally hit me that I missed shooting live performances and then I asked myself, 'When was the last time that I watched/shot a live performance?' Sadly I cannot recall. One thing is certain, I definitely missed going to music gigs. I miss the familiar faces, people swaying to the rhythm,  heads bobbing to the beat and the sing alongs.

While we stand at the beginning of Q4 of 2016, I could see a lot of gigs headed my way.  I just hope our(wife & my) schedule and budget can go for all of them but alas, well see where our feet will bring us. 

Again, we'll see...

More photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment