Friday, March 29, 2013

Rurouni Kenshin DVD launch


So I have been blogging a lot about the Rurouni Kenshin live action movie- to an extent that it is almost a documentary. I blogged about the challenges to get the movie in local Philippine Cinemas, my thoughts about the movie after watching it. So I think that it is just apt that I also blog about the next chapter in the Rurouni Kenshin live action story which is of course the DVD release! 

I was in contact with Odyssey which would be releasing the DVD of the movie. 
So the date was set for March 23, 2013 at the Gateway branch of Odyssey from 4:00PM-6:00PM. 

When we got there, there was already a booth set up by Amuse Philippines which is a group of Filipino Amuse Inc. fans. You might be wondering what Amuse Inc. is and what were they doing in the Rurouni Kenshin DVD release? Well Amuse Inc. is actually a group of artists and actors in Japan and Sato Takeru is part of the group. Amuse Philippines organized the DVD buyout to show their support for Sato Takeru who of course plays Kenshin Himura in the movie. 

Every fan's dream. Photos of Takeru Sato were displayed in the booth. No drooling please! :P 


Aside from Amuse Inc PH, Sato Takeru Philippines was also present to show their love for their idol. It's interesting to note that these groups were here because they were fans of Sato Takeru, while for me it was the other way around- I am a fan of the anime series- growing up watching it on AXN and even on Studio 23 and that was why I was at the DVD launch. 




Mary Grace - the first DVD buyer. 

Employees at Odyssey rolling up the free posters for people who will buy the DVD. 
As you can see from the first image above there were prizes for lucky buyers. :) Such as photocard set of characters in the movie, a Kenshin mini portrait and more Takeru merchandise :) 
With my DVD, free poster (and Season 8 of House :p -thanks Mamoy! <3)

The Japanese version of the DVD-such a beauty! Complete with movie script (in Japanese of course). 

With Ysa and Kat :) 
I had a short chat with Ysa and Kat representing Amuse PH and Takeru Sato fan club. These guys have been working hard in order to meet their goal to be recognized by Amuse Inc. and I have to give it to them- that's such dedication and commitment. :) Kudos! 
Yup she is wearing a Rurouni Kenshin shirt :) 

Happy Birthday Sato-san! Yup he's just 24! Ouch! I feel old! 
Takeru Sato celebrated his birthday last March 21 and he just turned 24- damn! really makes me feel old. So the group even had a birthday cake for him! ^_^ 

Make a wish! :) 
I was really happy with my DVD purchase, especially since I really enjoyed the movie but I do have qualms about there being a typo in the menu. 'English' was spelled as 'Engilsh' and there were no subtitles in the behind the scenes feature. But! I did just love Takeru Sato wearing a Doraemon shirt while rehearsing his fight scenes (please indulge me this 10 second fan girl moment) it's just too cute! 

If you're a fan of the movie whether it was because you are a fan of Rurouni Kenshin or Takeru Sato you should definitely get the DVD. It really is a great movie and a great adaptation which is hard to come by these days. 

Rurouni Kenshin Live Action DVD is available in Odyssey stores- be sure to grab your copy! ^_^ 

8 comments:

  1. i missed this event but im so happy that there is a dvd release here, will gonna buy the dvd soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to comment :) Yup! You should definitely get the DVD ^^x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also missed the event, and am wondering if there are still items in stock. I'd be happy if I could get just the soundtrack :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hey Zach you should check out Amuse Philippines ^_^ They are a great group! :D Here is their FB page: http://www.facebook.com/amusephilippines?ref=ts&fref=ts

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Gene! It's my husband Paul who takes the photos. We work as a team, I do the blogging and he takes the photos. If you want to see more photos just like our Facebook page, it's at the upper right of the page. Thanks again ^_^

      Delete
  5. OMG! You guys really included my picture for being the first buyer. Haha! Awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete