Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My own Paramore Listening Party

Screenshot of my Work PC. Shhhh... don't tell my boss 

With the excitement towards the Paramore album continuing to increase, with the help of tours, listening parties, lyrics and thoughts shared by the very open Hayley Williams, teaser video, an e-book-it was just a matter of time before Paramore fans all over the world go into anticipation overload and spontaneously combust all together-from bliss I might add. 

I think that anticipation overload and inevitable spontaneous combustion is happening to Paramore fans all over the world as we speak with the preview of the much awaited self titled album. Yup! I don't think I've ever heard of a band previewing their album for their fans- with no strings attached I might add if it's done before then good but for me this is my first and I am in Nirvana.

I was really jealous about all those very lucky fans who were blessed enough to attend the listening parties but now with the technology of iTunes and the magic of social media the seemingly impossible has become possible- I was having MY OWN LISTENING PARTY!-okay so maybe it's sad if you put it that way but I was also able to interact with other Paramore fans and share our thoughts via Twitter as we were listening to the preview of the album together. Distance was not a question, the number of miles did not matter, we were virtually holding hands and banging our heads to the same music. 



Personally, I woke up in a foul, foul mood since I had to get ready for work while the rest of the country (the Philippines) was getting ready for a long holiday weekend -it's Holy Week over here but for those of us working in the BPO industry it was business as usual. Weekends were not much of a rest for me either since I'm also doing freelance writing. I was literally hanging by a very thin thread, looking at Twitter I saw how Paramore fans were gushing and going crazy over the album preview- I couldn't seem to get to listen to it from my phone (which just added more to my agitation) when I got to the office I got luckier and was finally able to listen to the preview of the songs in  the album and boy did that change my day for the better! 

I have to add also that my husband (Paul) got a bit jealous because I was ranting to him through text about my waking up on the wrong side of the bed- (we have different work schedules- so he was already ending his shift in the office) he was reassuring me through text messages but then he said that I was suddenly okay because of the Paramore album preview. -hehehe cute!- :D 

What do I have to say about the album? Well there is change, their is growth and it is ALL GOOD! More experiments with different genres and instruments have shown a great versatility to Paramore that can only mean good things for the band's musical prowess. I won't be going into each song and what I thought of it- if I did I wouldn't ever finish this blog post plus my work is piling up as we speak ;) (don't tell my boss that either!) 

So far all of these things have led to more anticipation for the album and it's an insatiable thirst that can only be quenched when the album comes out on the 9th of April. 

While the rest of the world when on about with their day and their lives- we Paramore fans were having our very own Paramore listening parties and for that we are very grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment