Monday, August 12, 2013

Project 365: Week 13

When we keep hammering ourselves to improve and do what we love we would do it no matter what. So far, I have posted 84 photos, and many more to come.  I still have a long way to go till I reach 365, but so far things seem to go smoothly as taking a few shots per day became a daily routine.

Week 13 of Project 365 starts with me off from work.  Like most of my days off, me  and my wife go out to cover events and blog them.  April 19, 2013 was Earth day jam is one of those events that we went out to  cover and take some photos.  

I had a hard time getting my shot down for this day because there's just so much going on, and most of the light is directed on the stage.  I took some photos of performers on the stage, but I just cannot deem it as my shot of the day since, almost everyone has a photograph or even video of the performers.  


April 19, 2013 - Light and shadows
I went around the area which was in Bonifacio Global City, to hunt for my shot.  I remember viewing the spectators from afar and was lucky to capture the people from a raised ground watching the stage from a far. This is one of my favorite shots so far. 


April 20, 2013 - The pantry
The shot above was captured in our 17th floor office.  As captioned, it is the pantry of the said floor.  I was fond of how the light cast a nice shadow of the tables and chairs.  I had this shot with an iPhone 4S, and post processed in Snapseed. 

I had to try and tap on the phone a few times to get the desired exposure.  I just wish that I tried a different angle here, as it seems ordinary, and not thought of.

April 21, 2013 - As time passes
Going back to where, with each of us worried with what we'll be doing after our account has pulled its business out.  You can see and feel a gloom in our work area.  Here I caught, Joseph minding his own bees wax, but somehow the silence that loomed during the day prompted me to take this shot.  

Shot with an iPhone 4S, post processed with Snapseed.  I remember that I shot this a few times to get the focus and exposure right since the device tends to hunt for focus on it's own. 


April 22, 2013 - Wine rack
Coming off a weekend, my family planned to have a nice buffet lunch at Vikings in SM Marikina.  I had shot a lot of photos during our stay there in the restaurant, but I picked this one as my shot for the day.  There were lots of interesting stuff, mostly food but I went at the front of the restaurant and shot the long wine rack from it's right and composed it as so.  

Shot with Canon 500d, mounted with Canon 50mm f/1.8, no flash was used here.  Although it was overcast outside, SM Marikina still has lights to accommodate photo enthusiast like me. Except don't get yourself caught by the security guards.  Malls in the metro don't like people with DSLRs shooting around their malls.




April 23, 2013 - Texture: Leather
Mentioned in Project week 12 post was my birthday, and my wife gave me a wallet to replace the previous one because it was badly beaten.  I have this bad habit of sticking with my old stuff, even it seemed like its living on its last days.  

Shot with an iPhone 4S, post processed with Snapseed.  I wasn't able to go out and shoot, for some reason so I just grabbed whatever I found that caught my attention.  The wallet caught my attention since it has a checkered pattern of textures.  


April 24, 2013 - Ortigas sunset
Adrian and I went out for a walk during our break.  We were lucky enough to catch the sunset.  I had him stand a few meters away and went down low to stand on his shadow and caught the glare from the sun as well.  I just never thought that I could get this type of shot in an iPhone.  As mentioned, I shot this one with an iPhone 4S, and post processed with Snapseed.



April 25, 2013 - Under the sun


Again on my rest day, I went out with my niece and her baby sitter.  As you can see in this project I've taken a few photos of her every once in a while. this time I'd like to use light from the sunset as it fades away into the horizon.  

Shot with a Canon 500d, and Canon 50mm f/1.8 II.  Post processed in Lightroom.  I think that the color for this shot was a little bit too warm for me, but I guess this was the look that I was looking for after the walk.

Another month is coming to a close in 2013, but I think that I'm still not allowing myself any excuse to shoot each day.  I haven't seen any significant improvements yet, but there maybe small things here and there that I could say that may be looking better.  Which I may say that this project is meeting it's purpose.

I wonder what May holds for Project 365 for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment