Thursday, October 24, 2013

Gin Blossoms Eastwood Mall Show

Lead Vocalist - Robin Wilson. 

So I have been blogging and tweeting about the #SugarSmashGin concert here is the blog post

Unfortunately I was not able to go the concert which I heard lasted a long 5 hours- wow! 3 bands for 1 night - talk about sulit

So instead of wallowing in regret at not being able to go to the concert I told myself I would go to Gin Blossoms mall show in Eastwood.  

Lead Guitarist - Scott Johnson 

Unfortunately Paul was not with me so I had both photographer and blogging duties on me, I brought the camera and all the lenses and stuffed them in my shoulder bag - it was heavy! Still suffering from back pains because of hauling the heavy bag all day but it was worth it! 

When I arrived at Central Park in front of Eastwood Mall, I discovered you had to buy a Gin Blossoms: Outside Looking In: The Best of Gin Blossoms CD to be able to get to the VIP area and watch Gin Blossoms up close. The purchase of the CD would also mean a chance to Meet and Greet the band and have your CD signed so not bad right? :) 

   
Gin Blossom guitarist Jesse Valenzuela 

I already knew that the band would only be playing three songs (they gave in to the crowds cries of another song) but I was still pretty excited about seeing them perform live! Like I mentioned in my previous blog the music of Gin Blossoms has been a big part of our relationship, from the courting stage up to having 'As long as it matters' played in our wedding so even if Paul wasn't with me to share this moment I was determined to enjoy it and make the most of it-which is what I did.   

Tattoos and Tambourine. 

 Although the event started late and it was really humid in the VIP area it was a good bitter sweet show and the crowd was singing to their hit songs and can I just say it was hilarious when Robin Wilson walked in with a can of San Miguel beer in his hand which he seemed to enjoy very much! :) 
Robin Wilson letting the crowd sing. 


When I told Paul that I overheard some people say that the guys have 'no more asim' he said 'just awesome' - I totally agreed I mean these guys have been in the music scene since 1987 (a year after I was born I might add) but they have remained relevant 26 years later can you say the same about supposed musicians who are just overnight sensations and merely rely on their looks and auto tune to get a song across? I think not.  

Gin Blossoms Guitar Pick - which I got from the show! :) 
Another thing which made the show extra special was that I got a guitar pick! And not just any pick it was a Gin Blossoms pick with guitarist Jesse Valenzuela's signature :) And below you can check out my signed CD (the album originally came out in 1999) to which Paul confessed he used to have a pirated copy before :P  and now we have an original signed copy! :) 

It's my signed The Best of Gin Blossoms CD

Thank you to Random Minds Production, Astroplus and Eastwood Mall for making this event possible! :) 

More photos in the TUMBLR post here! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment